American Idol: the fix is in

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

David Mason

American Idol: the fix is in

Post by David Mason »

The big betting sites have all had blonde country Carrie as the favorite till now, but last night the band director/arranger stuck her with an abysmally slow arrangement of the Gamble/Huff soul tune "If You Don't Know Me" - at no point did the arrangement even allow her to sing the chorus. She predictably & unsoulfully muffed it, and all the judges told her so. Then, for the first time in Idol history another contestant sang the same song on the same night - blond Rooski Anthony was blessed with a much perkier, singer-friendly arrangement. And the judges loved him, surprise, surprise! The smart money's on smiley, winky metro-hippie Bo from here on out. Wonder who's boinking Paula now?
Keith Cordell

Post by Keith Cordell »

I've met Bo, before all this nonsense, and he seems like a genuine guy with a lot of talent. And he is about as much of a hippie as any of the southern rockers around, which is to say not much of one; and I have to get behind his ambition- he wants to own a guitar shop at the end of this...

------------------
Sierra S8, Rickenbacher T-Logo Bakelite lap steel, Peavey Delta Blues, Regal Dobro, Teese RMC2 Wah, Proco Rat, Lap Dawg bar

Rick Garrett

Post by Rick Garrett »

My money is still on Carrie to win by a nose. Whether she wins or not she's already there.

Rick
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

It would have been way better if they both played "Way To Survive" on a Carter Starter...
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

Why do you guys even watch these shows? Ain't there ANY 'rasslin' on at the same time? Anybody on this Forum actually bought a Kelly Clarkson CD, or intend to? This crap is like "Queen for a Day," but with a sadder ending.
Mark Herrick

Post by Mark Herrick »

<SMALL>Ain't there ANY 'rasslin' on at the same time?</SMALL>
Excellent!

WWF baby!

------------------

Dustin Rigsby

Post by Dustin Rigsby »

Too many bimbo's on rasslin' these days. I do watch AI and think that Bo Bice will probably win. He has got a pretty decent rock voice. He just needs to stop carrying the mic stand around with him. Next thin you know,he will be in a duo and it will be his job to carry the act with his name and swing a mic stand around. Image

------------------
D.S. Rigsby
Wilcox SD10 3&5
http://www.touchinglittlelives.org

Bob Storti

Post by Bob Storti »

How about Ric Flair on American Idol - I'd like to see him kick the crap out of Ryan Seacreast. WHOOOO!!

I think Bo will win over Carrie.

Bob
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

yeah but Stephen, at least on Queen for a Day they got a Washing Machine...and a Crown and some Flowers..and they did cry a lot.. Image

t
Dustin Rigsby

Post by Dustin Rigsby »

Ric Flair...the guy you LOVE to HATE. I had twelfth row main floor aisle seats to a WCW event. When Ric makes his entrance,me and my son were crushed by about a dozen women wanting to touch that dude. Larger than life.

Sorry for going off topic. No, I did not sleep with Paula,but,I hear Emeilio Estevez did ! Image

------------------
D.S. Rigsby
Wilcox SD10 3&5
http://www.touchinglittlelives.org

Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

These shows, along with most all reality shows and sports events are rigged. The only really honest sports out there is wrestling and roller-derby! Image

Seriously, this is "hama-drama" for people who are slaves to the box. The premise of the show isn't too bad, it's all the bullcrap you have to suffer through to see who the public likes in the end. Instead of dragging the thing on for months, they could do the whole thing in one 2-hour special.

Then they'd have more time for wrestling and roller-derby! Image
John Steele

Post by John Steele »

"Seriously, this is "hama-drama" for people who are slaves to the box"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR><SMALL>
It's Fox Networks newest smash hit, on Sunday nights between No Pants Island and Fart Date !
</SMALL><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
-The Simpsons

kyle reid

Post by kyle reid »

I watch mainly to see judge#3 with the horrible femmie accent, tell every contestant, how Bloody Horrible they sang! Of course Carrie should win it all!
Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

WHOLE MESS OF A I SHOULD REPLACED BU A GOOD POSSUM SHOW OR possum quartet..now that would be entertaining,,,,,,,ME AND FERRIS SAYS SO..........JENNINGS

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +