Trick Pony
Craig Morgan
Vince Gill
George Jones
Vestal Goodman
The Whites
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

George must plan on doing some tunes off his gospel album it looks like.

------------------
1985 Emmons push-pull,Evans SS200, Nashville400, 65 re-issue Fender Twin, Fender Tele

Leroy Riggs

Post by Leroy Riggs »

Thx Janice. It looks like a good show. Image
Kenny Foy

Post by Kenny Foy »

Thanks Janice.
Leigh Howell

Post by Leigh Howell »

Thanks Janice. I'll be checking that one out for sure! Image

Leigh
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Finally it looks like some country this weekend. Must be a mistake it can't be coming from Nashville.

------------------
CJC

Graham

Post by Graham »

Have heard rumors that this is to be Georges' last appearance on the Opry. He performed at Massey Hall in Toronto, Ont. last week in what was billed as "His Final Tour".

A great loss for country music fans, if indeed true!!

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Thanks Janice........al Image
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Well three songs into the show,Trick Pony a fast rising Country group. What Country? Craig Morton 1 song and out. O well I can't say I didn't expect it. And theres Katie Kook what more can one say goodnight Opry.(after George that is)
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

George was in in Hamilton,Ontario the night after Toronto.
It was billed "The Farewell to Canada Tour".
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

Thank you Brad for introducing your band.
Nice dedications from Vince and George.
However don't worry if you miss the first segments.
Rerun next week

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Who was the Steel player for Trick Pony ? Where was the Steel player for Trick Pony ?
T
Jim Ashton

Post by Jim Ashton »

Randle Currie, Loves Gonna Live Here, Highlight
of the show. I could of done without the rest.

------------------
D10 Mullen, DPC1400,hilton pedal
Peavey 112e's. tubefex.
Nashville 1000

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jim Ashton on 19 April 2003 at 06:31 PM.]</p></FONT>
Roy McKinney

Post by Roy McKinney »

I wish they would take the mic away from Katie Kook and give it to the singers. All of the instruments came through real good on my TV especially the steel player (Brad's), but the audio on the singers really suck. It would not have hurt Vince to let TOMMY have a ride on his first song.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Trick Pony, rock band. Where was the steeler.? Thats a good question. Katie Cook? Its obvious. We need someone who is really country and doesn't ask inane questions. I'm embarrassed for her when I watch her. I think someone like Jean Shepard would do a great job. Jeanie Sealey (SP?)also.
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Kevin Hatton on 20 April 2003 at 08:40 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Kevin Hatton on 20 April 2003 at 08:41 AM.]</p></FONT>
Carl West

Post by Carl West »

YEAH . . Where was the steel player on Trick
Pony ? Must be one of their tricks. Be nice if they'd all sing in the same key !
Real disapointed in Paisley's singing.
And, would have loved to here Tommy do a bit on "LIZA" .. !
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Carl, I thought exactly the same. Tommy was sitting there waiting for the gun to go off.I think Vince is a great player however we heard enough guitar this particular evening..Paisley sure didn't sound in pitch as well as others.. The Opry may be welcoming the new I just wish they would be somewhere as good as the old ...The Opry lasted thru the years because of a great dedication...I think retcop was right on with calling it the grand ole slopry.

------------------
CJC

Leigh Howell

Post by Leigh Howell »

It looked like George was having trouble getting some of those notes. And I was really surprised that Brad was so flat.I hate to be so critical. But thats what my ears picked up.
Leigh
Bowie Martin

Post by Bowie Martin »

I mentioned in another heading that I was at the show Sat. night; when Brad came on,his guitar amp had not been turned on by the stage crew...he rushed back and hit the on switch right before the vocals and his guitar into; when he started the guitar riff and singing the volume was totally roaring, so loud that it hurt our ears on the 6th row, and we could hear nothing but guitar from that time on; I know he could not hear himself; when I heard the tv mix, the music was much better(and you could barely hear his guitar), but the vocal was sure flat, certainly because he could not even hear himself; off camera he seemed very upset. The sound at the theatre was terrible, totally below par; a few of the acts sounded ok, but I would be ashamed to play if the sound was that bad...It was hard to believe it was that unprofessional at the Opry...
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

I agree with all of the above observations. I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm glad someone did.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

So Bowie, who and where was the Steel player for Trick Pony ? On TV you could hear a very dominant Steel in the second tune that Heidi sang but there was no Steel player in view on the camera, any angle any shot. All of the Steels on the back left side of the stage were in view but the pac-a-seats were void of any players.

So..did you see a Steel player with Trick Pony ?

tp
Bowie Martin

Post by Bowie Martin »

Tony, I may have just totally missed it, but I did not see a steel player at all on the first song...no one was on the stage...and the second song, I just don't think there was a steel player there. I noticed everytime Tommy White came out, and could almost swear there was no steel player on stage, or I would have noticed it. I remember thinking that they were one of the few acts that did not use a steel player. This is a mystery. Do you think they dubbed the record over it?? Maybe a steeler slipped in, and I could be wrong...But I don't think so.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Well considering I was not there..and you were...

We, who were watching on TV, heard a very dominant Steel in the Pony's second song..

IF you , who were in the audience, 6th row I might add..did not see a Steel player on the stage with Trick Pony ..and we, who were watching and listening on TV, heard a Steel and didn't see anyone playing Steel..then there is only one conclusion..

we imagined it..it didn't happen.

That was not OJ in the photo, those were not his shoes..the Glove didn't fit so we must equit !

tp
Joe Miraglia

Post by Joe Miraglia »

Looking for the Steel Guitar-Tricky Pony!You're looking at the girl singer,and didn't see the steel Image. Maybe he or she was back stage playing, so all eyes would be on her Joe