Post by Janice Brooks »

7:00-8:00
Jimmy Dickens
Brad Martin
Connie Smith
Doyle Dykes
Leigh Howell

Post by Leigh Howell »

Connie Smith!! Image Image Thats all I need!
Jason Powers

Post by Jason Powers »

Leigh
Me too, she is my favorite female country singer and it seems she sings better all the time and gets prettier with every passing year. Little Jimmy Dickens is great too, one of my all time favorite ballad singers. Jason
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

My husband Gregg Galbraith backed Brad Martin yesterday morning on T.V.
Gregg and Brad sounded great! Image He'll be singing his top 20 single "Before I Knew Better"and Brad is having his dad sing a song with him tonight! Image A dream come true for both singing on the OPRY! Way to go!
Theresa<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Theresa Galbraith on 29 June 2002 at 03:21 PM.]</p></FONT>
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Sounds like a good one. Things are looking up.I'll watch this one.

Thanks Janice.....al Image
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

Seldom is Theresa ever correct but she certainly hit the mark with Brad Martin. This kid is good, REAL GOOD and his father isn't someone who takes a back seat to anyone. Their performance was enjoyable and over much too soon. Connie Smith sang two of my favorites. Didn't Johnny Cox sound fantastic and just play his butt off? He made his Zoom sound great with his wonderful playing. Sonja Isaacs has a good voice. I wish I would have had her back in the days when funeral homes had to do ambulance service. Instead of mashing the siren button on the floorboard, I could have just pinched her and let her squeal out the window. She did appear to be getting a little chunky though! Doyle Dykes is a very talented guitar player but he "ain't no Doyle Dykes"! Image Katie Cook isn't worth mentioning. Who is worth mentioning though is Tommy White. His choice of licks and fills behind Sonja Isaacs was perfection as was his tone. Johnny and Tommy WERE the stars of the TV portion tonight.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Mike Weirauch on 29 June 2002 at 06:08 PM.]</p></FONT>
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

All of the steel players should yell scream whatever
THANK YOU CONNIE SMITH.

Brad Martin showed what a great influence his dad was.

Doyle Dykes and Sonya Issacs are great examples of whats missing on radio.

Can't belive it's a year since Chet's passing because it also means a year since we lost Johnny Russell and Joe Nichols.

Too bad Tater did not do a ballad.

If you think Katie was bad tonight I hope you did not see the opening of MWL on Friday
with her skit.

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
Leigh Howell

Post by Leigh Howell »

I enjoyed the show tonight. Connie was wonderful!! Johnny Cox was fantastic as always!! Sonja, and Connie, are good examples of pure talent, and not 90% hype! And Tommy White know's just what to do with a song!
I was really proud of Brad for letting his father realize his lifelong dream of singing on the Opry! Makes you feel good!!! Image Image
Leigh<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Leigh Howell on 29 June 2002 at 07:09 PM.]</p></FONT>
Theresa Galbraith

Brad sounded great!
His steelman did too! Never saw his face and barely saw the top of his steel. Does anyone know who it was? Thanks, Theresa
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Great show, except for good looking, but obnoxious, Katie Cook.

Every steel player on the show showed us what the pedal steel guitar should sound like. God bless you guys for being so great.

------------------
Carter D10 9p/10k
Richard Sinkler

Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Did anybody notice what was going on with Linneman's bass feed last night? On Sonya's song it was fading in and out. At first I thought it was the arrangement. Then he was totally gone on most of Doyle's set. I noticed him touching the pickup then adjusting the amp as the sound came and went in the TV audio. By the end of the Chet medley, he was picking but nothing was coming through.

I can't stand it when the rhythm section is not solid and this was very annoying! Did anyone else hear this and does it bother you as it does me?

Great steel playing though by all three!

Bill C.

------------------
"Gimme a steel guitar, 2 or 3 fiddles and a Texas rhythm section that can swing"..W. Nelson

Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

First class show..
Butch Foster

Post by Butch Foster »

Janice, I wish the tv audience could have seen Jimmy do one his classics, Shopping For Dresses"- he did this song while the lady was talking with the Martins. They also didn't show Sonja do one of herfine songs from her previous CD-good steel on the number. Johnny Cox was outstanding!
Thanks for letting us know about the lineup for this special show!
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

They need to get rid of the talk portion of the show.

------------------
Carter D10 9p/10k
Richard Sinkler

Theresa Galbraith

Richard,
With all due respect, she's not going away.

I wondered who the steelplayer for Brad was?
Hopefully, someone knows.

Pee Wee sounded awesome with his boss too! Image
Thanks, Theresa
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

<SMALL>With all due respect, she's not going away.</SMALL>
If that's true, since we only get around 1/2 hour of music anyway, I vote that they go back to how it used to be on TNN, 30 minutes of interviews then 30 minutes of music. Then those that want to see Katy's interviews may, and those that don't can tune in for just the second half. Image
Theresa Galbraith

I had a ? who was playing steel for Brad Martin. Hopefully, we'll find out.

Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Geez Theresa, you just asked the question the first time less than an hour ago! Image In this thread: http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum15/HTML/002174.html someone thought it was Terry Crisp, but you probably don't read the other forums. I haven't seen Terry in so long, I doubt that I would recognize him, but it didn't sound like Terry to me.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jim Smith on 01 July 2002 at 03:53 PM.]</p></FONT>
Theresa Galbraith

Jim,
I don't think it was Terry Crisp.
Maybe, one of the staff musicians can tell us?
Steve Byam

Post by Steve Byam »

The steeler for Brad is Brook Langton, at least it was a couple of weeks ago
Theresa Galbraith

Steve,
Thanks! Image