TIM McGRAW TRIAL

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Larry Miller

TIM McGRAW TRIAL

Post by Larry Miller »

I hope his new song is not gonna be " My Next 10-20 Years".
KEVIN OWENS

Post by KEVIN OWENS »

He should be on trial for the "murder on music row". Along with a few 100 others.

Kevin
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

They shouldn't just let him off but they will because he's a BEEEEG star. Slap him on the wrist and let him go. They used to hang horse theives didn't they?

------------------
Mark Tomeo

Post by Mark Tomeo »

This will end up being the most blatent case of "celebrity justice" since the OJ trial. Faith Hill has been trotted out to influence jury selection and everybody on both sides is a fan. McGraw is already booked for an appearance on the Today Show's Friday concert series later this summer which suggests that no one seriously expects him to do any time at all. F. Scott knew what he was about when he said, "The rich (and by extension the famous) are different from you and me."<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Mark Tomeo on 17 May 2001 at 06:34 AM.]</p></FONT>
Pete Burak

Post by Pete Burak »

What did he do????
GORDY NICHOL

Post by GORDY NICHOL »

Ya'll would not expect something as small as breaking the law and threatening a police officer to upset the career of Mr.& Mrs.Perfect-Country Music???????????
Chris Walke

Post by Chris Walke »

"ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - High noon is approaching for country singers Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney in the case of a police horse ride gone awry.
Jury selection was scheduled to begin Monday in Orchard Park Town Court.

McGraw and Chesney were arrested last June after performing at the George Strait Country Music Festival near Buffalo. Erie County Sheriff's deputies said Chesney rode away on a police horse and McGraw tussled with police who tried to pull Chesney off the horse.

McGraw, the husband of country star Faith Hill, is charged with assault, resisting arrest, obstructing governmental administration and harassment, misdemeanors punishable by up to a year in prison. Chesney was charged with harassment.

McGraw road manager Mark Russo, who joined the fray, was charged with obstruction, resisting arrest, harassment and disorderly conduct.

Attorneys expect to choose a jury in a day and then present a case that will hinge largely on testimony of eyewitnesses.

Defense attorney Thomas Eoannou has said the singers take the charges seriously."
Chris Walke

Post by Chris Walke »

"McGraw and Chesney were arrested last June..."

Nothing like a "speedy trial by a jury of your peers."
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

Mark Frederick

Post by Mark Frederick »

Image Image
David Pennybaker

Post by David Pennybaker »

<SMALL>Nothing like a "speedy trial by a jury of your peers."</SMALL>
Well, I think that THEY are guaranteed a speedy trial, if they wanted it. The state isn't guaranteed a speedy trial, however.

Hmmmm, peers? First, I'd demand a change of venue to Tennessee, then make sure that Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, etc. were on my jury. Image

After all, what do they REALLY know about horses in New York City? Image

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

If it happened in AZ. they could get hung for stealing livestock.The hanging law is still on the books in this state.Shall we try to move the trial here? Image

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona(but not horse steeling)<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Jenkins on 17 May 2001 at 10:13 AM.]</p></FONT>
David Pennybaker

Don't hang Kenney just yet, OK? Image

I'd like to hear "the facts" again after the trial is over.

My best recollection (and personal opinions on the matter at the time) was that the officer in question was probably "star struck" and let Tim ride the horse. Which was a stupid thing to do in the first place, IMO. Especially since it was probably obvious Tim was inebriated.

Tim then proceeded to keep the horse longer than the officer really wanted, and got mad about it.

At that point, who knows what really transpired, but punches were thrown.

Personally, I'd give all three of them (Tim, Kenney, and the officer) about a week's worth of shoveling horse manure of the streets for punishment and call it a day. And, since the lawyers have managed to delay it this long, I'd give all of them about two weeks of the same punishment.

Judge Ted Poe (Houston) would be proud of me. Image

------------------

kyle reid

Post by kyle reid »

I saw a picture of Tim&Faith in the newspaper today! Tim was not wearing a hat! I see now why he wears one! Also, Do you think that Chesney thought that horse was sexier than his tractor?
David Pennybaker

<SMALL>Do you think that Chesney thought that horse was sexier than his tractor?</SMALL>
OK, I hereby give Ray the authority to extradite to Arizona (for a "hanging trial") whoever decided to release THAT song as a single. Image Image

------------------

Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Tim is much better than Kenny! Thats just my opinion Image
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

And here, all along, I thought the only thing he ever did bad was to sing off key! Image

Overheard at the bar one night......

<i>"They make beautiful music...the two of them."

"You mean Tim and Faith?"

"No, him and Antares."<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Donny Hinson on 17 May 2001 at 06:55 PM.]</p></FONT>
Steve Feldman

Post by Steve Feldman »

I think we should just let the man WHINE in peace.
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Steve, Tim sure has a mean cd out right now!He's not whining to much Image
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

As an ex-resident of Buffalo, Tim made one mistake. He didn't keep ridin.
Corwin Colebrooke

Post by Corwin Colebrooke »

It's pretty sad that the trial starts almost a year after Cledus T. Judd already wrote a song about it. Seems Cledus already punished them enough by making Kenny get hit on by his cellmate in the song.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

If they end up in jail together, Kenny can sing stupid songs to him about tractors and big orange balls, and Tim can whine back about it.

------------------