Allison Krauss

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

I could listen to Allison Krauss all night long, she is fantastic! T.G. Shepard did good and Porter was Porter, bodyguard and all. Can someone tell me what the bodyguard is for?
Jeff Coffell

Post by Jeff Coffell »

I thought they were having sound trouble until Allison came on. I don't believe I've ever heard such bad vocals on TV before tonight. TG was absolutley awful. Couldn't carry atune in a big bucket. The rest of the show was kinda as usual. POrter was just POrter. Allison was great as usual.

No steel again.

Jeff
Jeff Coffell

Post by Jeff Coffell »

Oh yeah I forgot. Jack
stoner will probably disagree with me and shoot me down, he usually does. I'm looking forward to it though.

Jeff
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

You are pretty much on the money Jeff. T.G. needed a Tommy White tune up, I was just being kind for some odd reason! Allison Krauss is fantastic and her band is right up there with her. Porter is just getting a little older but he's still Porter. Would someone please tell me why he has a bodyguard. He's too damn ugly to kidnap, too frail to mug and all his fans are his age so no one is going to move very fast. That guy always has this look of "what am I doing here" every week he follows him out to the stage.
kyle reid

Post by kyle reid »

That's not his bodyguard, that's his fan!
Peter Dollard

Post by Peter Dollard »

I used to like T.G.Sheppard but he talked his way thru those vocals and as for Porter it's a good thing the Carol Lee singers covered him up. If somebody simply can no longer sing why do they get up there?, they must be aware of how they sound. If sports figures can retire from playing I wish those who can no longer sing within reasonable pitch would also do so. It is odd that others like Ray Price and the Everleys can still sing so well while others fall by the wayside. If a casual listener of any kind of music heard the afore mentioned performers on the Opry last night they would certainly not listen...try using at least four notes of the scale....Pete.
Kenny Davis

Post by Kenny Davis »

Mike: That's Porter's Funeral Director.

As usual A.K. & Union Station were perfect. I'd put them up to ANY touring country band.