Tammy for $3.95

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

randy

Tammy for $3.95

Post by randy »

This might be the wrong topic site, (sombody will fix it if it is), but Jackie got me thinking about how our women make do.

I was looking through one of those racks of cassettes that only cost $3.95 and have things like Del Shannon and Frankie Avalon.

Well, this time I struck it big. Tammy Wynette...Super Hits Vol. 2., (couldn't wait to get to the truck).

The second song on the tape is "Apartment...", and next is "Singin my Song" and then "He Loves me All the Way".

By now, I'm going pretty much nuts listening to that awsome powerful voice and I still have "Run Woman Run" and "Til I can Make it on my Own" to listen to.

Tammy sang these songs as her own story. I know that's what we all try to do but I mean I think she really was telling her own story.

Many of these songs would have sounded real preachy coming from someone else and it would be easy for feminists to discount Tammy as a doormat but I think she was just "telling it like it was", for her. That's why she was so loved by men as well as women. I'll bet I'm not the only one who thinks of my sweet wife when I hear Tammy sing.

Maybe it's just me

randy
Jackie Toney

Post by Jackie Toney »

Actually randy this is a great thread for Country Music. I'm very fortunate to have all of Tammy's old albums. And yes I think she was singing about her life.

I'm going to move this over to Country Music.

Jackie

------------------
www.steelinusa.com
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

I loved her voice. I have never heard another anything quite like it. Indescribeably beautiful, and some fine steel playing as well.

That's quite a list of hits. I better check for a Tammy Cd.

The First Lady of Country Music, indeed.

------------------
HagFan
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »