Promat Taking Orders

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Damir Besic

Promat Taking Orders

Post by Damir Besic »

they are taking orders for 5 guitars,I guess that`s what they can fit in the schedule.That is 5 guitars for US and Euro market together.At the time I`m posting this may be less,don`t know,just got an email that my guitar has been shipped and they said they had free time frame to manufacture 5 more guitars this year so I decided to let you guys know.Call or contact them to place your order.

Db

------------------
"Promat"
~when tone matters~ www.promatsteelguitars.com

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 06 June 2006 at 05:26 PM.]</p></FONT>
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

bumpero

------------------
"Promat"

Jerry Hendrix

Post by Jerry Hendrix »

Thanks; Great song; Great sound; Got to be a great guitar....Old Jer.. Image Image
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Thanks Jerry,

I like it,
Looks like finally Euro is going down,last year I had to pay $1.70 for 1 Euro and now is $1.10 for 1 Euro.Hopefuly it will go even lower than that.That should help Promat salles in US.

Db

------------------
"Promat"

J Hill

Post by J Hill »

Damir,

You do a good job promoting these beautiful guitars. If I had the cash I'd order one today. You can see the high quality in every picture. Oh well, maybe one day....

Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

thanks Leila,
while I was a working musician making living playing bars and clubs I could have only dreamed about this instruments but now when I have a "real" job I can actually own one or two or..three.I played my first Promat back in1988 and even then as a begginer player I was blown away by the tone and looks.It just sounded awesome.Every single instrument had a great tone,aluminum or wooden necks,S-10 D-10 S-12 or SD-10 they all sounded great.Usually people who buy them keep them,I know few players in Europe who still have their Promat and I know them since `80s.I try to help Promat as much as I can since they are good people and friends of mine,but help may not be a right word since they do majority of their business in europe,I guess I can say that I help them to get into the US market.Production of steel guitars is labor of love,there is no fortune to be made in that business.After you pay all the parts and help and after you break down your hours you spent making the instrument you realize you`ll never get rich doing it.But that`s something those people love to do,they love to make pedal steel guitars,not talking only about Promat here but all the manufacturers.Push pull is specially costly to make.My guitar is in London waiting to be picked up by UPS (don`t say anything) and when I get it I`ll post some more pic`s.My other guitar should be ready sometime in August, there is a big chanse that I will order SD-10 in lacquer finish and with a new changer but that is yet to be seen.

Db

------------------
"Promat"

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 09 June 2006 at 09:21 AM.]</p></FONT>
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

1 € is 1.26 $ today Damir
http://www.xe.com/ucc/fr/ <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 09 June 2006 at 10:37 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

The Euro has never been higher than $1.36....and hasn't seen $1.10 in almost three years.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

US Bank has an exchange value and that is what they told me $1.10 for 1 Euro I`m just telling what I`ve been told in the bank.And when I was in Croatia year or so ago it was $1.70 for 1 Euro,I know because I was there and actually I was exchanging my $ in Euro`s in Paris,France at the airport.

Db

of course in Europe you will pay more,depends where you are

------------------
"Promat"

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 09 June 2006 at 01:59 PM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 09 June 2006 at 02:00 PM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

That's an expensive fee they are charging you to exchange your money, Damir....a minimum of $0.34 on each dollar! That's robbery....

Check the link Crowbear listed above....the Euro is nowhere near $1.10. It is not possible that you could ever pay any less that the current exchange rate.....banks will always charge you more (adding their fee), never less. They would lose money to do so.

Sorry to drift off topic! I am a finance guy first and foremost! Image
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

I was selling Euros and buying $ ,they would pay only $1.10 for a Euro.I lost $20.000 only because I didn`t sell my house last year but now,so did my mom and my sister,expensive wait. In europe they will give you less Euros for $ and here they will give you less $ for euro.After we sold the house I made $4000 more only because they bought $ in europe and wired that.If they had wired Euros and I had to exchange them in $ here I would have lost around $4000

Db

that just happend few weeks ago,so trust me,I know what I`m talking about,

------------------
"Promat"

CrowBear Schmitt

Well Damir, now we know why one gets a better rate on the streets of Moscow, Tangiers, Ho Chi Minhville, & New Delhi

aint a darn thing funny
you gotta have a con in this land of milk & honey
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

Hey Damir, John Denver would be proud to hear that played so well. "He wrote it For Annie". You did a great job on it. Ron

"steelin is music to my ear"<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ron Frederiksen on 10 June 2006 at 07:45 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

I gotcha now, Damir! It's sad that they lay so many fees to exchnage money for you Image

I'm not sure, but I don't think the credit card companies will do that to you. In other words, if one were to order a Promat and the folks in Croatia could take a credit card, then your credit card company will simply charge your card in U.S dollars at the current exchange rate. At least....that's how it worked when I was in both Geneva and Frankfurt a couple of years ago....

Joe
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

if someone is ordering a Promat he should buy Euros here and then send that.When I wire money Western Union they exchange my $ and on the other end Promat gets less,plus WU charges like 7% for their service.So,don`t use WU and exchange your $ into Euros and then have your bank send that to europe.That`s what I`m thinking,how some people make money...sending it back and forth...I`m not sure if that`s legal tho.

Db

------------------
"Promat"

Del Rangel

Post by Del Rangel »

According to the exchange link 1 Euro will cost you $1.26, or a dollar is worth a little over .79 Euros. Demir is not dreaming. Check http://www.xe.com/ again.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Del Rangel on 10 June 2006 at 03:33 PM.]</p></FONT>
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

if you ask me Euro is way overpriced...

Db

------------------
"Promat"

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 10 June 2006 at 04:35 PM.]</p></FONT>
CrowBear Schmitt

& the the almighty $ has lost much of it's value
is it because the Fed keeps printin' them up as if they're goin' out of style ?

when the €uro came into being, prices went up 20 % overnight !

Americans beware : Life is very expensive in Europa
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

<SMALL>if you ask me Euro is way overpriced...</SMALL>
Damir,

It has all to do with economics.The economy in Europe never was as stable as it is now.When the Euro was introduced it was 99 Dollarcent.Right now it's $1,27.
<SMALL>According to the exchange link 1 Euro will cost you $1.26, or a dollar is worth a little over .79 Euros.</SMALL>
Thats exactly what a Dollar will cost ya.And if you want to sell it.It will get ya $1,11 today.
<SMALL>Americans beware : Life is very expensive in Europa</SMALL>
Just to sum up some examples.

These are some dutch prices;
1Glass of beer=2Euro=$2,60
2Pounds of Beef=9Euro=$12
1Gallon of Gass=5,60Euro=$7,20

Further more.Promat builds a good steel guitar.Correct me if I am wrong but last time I talked to Mr.Papic he asked 2500 Euro's for a D10.Add the shipping to it and insurance you have the price you see before you right now.IMO he handles a fair price for a very good steel guitar<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ronald ! on 12 June 2006 at 02:23 AM.]</p></FONT>
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

<SMALL>last time I talked to Mr.Papic he asked 2500 Euro's for a D10.Add the shipping to it and insurance you have the price you see before you right now.IMO he handles a fair price for a very good steel guitar</SMALL>
Ronald, D-10 is 3.500 Euros,and Promat does not pay shipping or insurance (no manufacturer does) ,buyer does...but I still think that is a good price for the instrument like that.

Europe was always way more expensive than US,when I was at the airport in Paris camcorder I can get in Wal-mart for $500 was over $1000 and so on,gas prices are out of this world.I have a truck that costs me $900 to fill up,to fill up the same truck in europe would be over $1300 I guess,bad..very bad

Db

------------------
"Promat"

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 12 June 2006 at 08:45 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 12 June 2006 at 08:47 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jan Mulder

Post by Jan Mulder »

He Ronald,

I have bought me a Promat SD 10 from Ted Nesbitt, the one that belonged to Allan Thompson, it plays like a dream, has an incredible sustain, and I still have the Legrande !
Congratulations with your wedding
Regards Jan
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

hI Jan,

congratulations on your new Promat,you`ll enjoy it,post some pics when you have time.

Db

------------------
"Promat"

Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

typo Damir.I ment SD10.

Sorry

Hey Jan good to hear from ya my friend.

Ron

------------------
<font size="0"><font face="arial" size=1><A class=db href="mailto:bigsbysteel@hotmail.com subject=Forum Reply">Click here to E-mail us.</font></A>

<FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#0000FF">Karen Kaylee Records</font>
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#0000FF">KRS D-10 10x8, KRS SD10 4x6 EMMONS P/P S10 3x5 Peavey Session 400 LTD, Peavey Ultra 15" Peavey All Tube 15"
Fender Twin Reverb Hilton Volumepedal</FONT>

Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

shoot Ronald,I was already emailing to order another 4 guitars Image

Db

------------------
"Promat"

Jan Mulder

Post by Jan Mulder »

Hi Damir,
here are some pics of the Promat

Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jan Mulder on 13 June 2006 at 10:53 AM.]</p></FONT>