Rickenbacker 208 Console HUSK + $100

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Tony Oresteen

Rickenbacker 208 Console HUSK + $100

Post by Tony Oresteen »

Well, I am cleaning house. I bought this Rickenbacker D8 husk in 2017 thinking I would fix it. Then I discovered Stringmasters and this Rickenbacker 208 double eight string from the 50's just sat. The scale is 22.5".

The horseshoe pickups and control plates were long gone when I got it. I considered buying 2 Lollar horseshoes but at $600 each they are way beyond my budget

I did dowel the holes in the top as I was going to have pickguards made to hold humbuckers.

It comes with the vintage legs (3/8" screw in), and the very rare original leg sockets,

I have the original bridges & original metal fretboards and two very abused tuner pans (no strip tuners sorry!) shown just placed on the top. Yeh, I placed the fretboards backwards on the top. My plan was to use the Kluson replacement pans & tuners and Stringmaster nuts (the Rick pans have the nuts attached to them).

Here's a photo of a Rick 308 I found that is complete with the horseshoe pickups & control plates (not mine!):

While this was built by Rickenbacker as an eight string guitar you could re-build as a six string or 7 string.

So here's the deal. Everything is $100 plus shipping ANYWHERE in the world (you are paying the freight :) ).

I'd prefer local pickup in Newnan GA but I will drive 60 minutes from Newnan to link up.

I paid $100 just for the leg sockets!!!!!!!!!!!! The sockets plus the legs alone makes this a steal.

I will not be marking it down as I put the lowest price on it that I will accept.

Here's the catch. I will not separate the parts. It's all or nothing. My Commander-In-Chief wants this husk out as I really can't work on it for at least another year or so.

I will trade for Stringmaster parts. What do you have?
Tony
Newnan, GA

Too many guitars, not enough time to play
'72 Sho-Bud 6139 '71 Sho-Bud 6140
'82 Sho-Bud 6160 '73 Sho-Bud 6138
'71 Marlen 210
'78 Fender Stringmaster T8 black '70??? Fender Champ Lap Steel
Tony Oresteen

Post by Tony Oresteen »

bump
Tony
Newnan, GA