Steel tech in florida

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Greg Duncan

Steel tech in florida

Post by Greg Duncan »

Hello
Looking for steel tech
In florida.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Where in Florida?

I know of one in Oxford (The Villages area).
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

Knowing your location would be helpful. Key West to Panama City is a 12-13 hr drive and you’re still in Florida!
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I've become my own 'tech' now. It's too far to get to a real one. :)
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Tony Oresteen

Post by Tony Oresteen »

Depending on what you need done, you might consider shipping the steel to a qualified tech.

I have shipped a number of PSGs to have work done.

Here's a tip. Many UPS input/sorting facilities (where the local UPS delivery trucks leave/return to) have a walk-in counter that charges significantly less than a USP Store etc. would to ship a package. Anyone can use them - you do not need a UPS acct. Ask you local UPS driver where it is. We have on in the next town over and they are open M-F 4:00PM to 7:00PM. I just log in as GUEST on their computer and enter the TO & FROM data. They then print a label and I pay with a debit card. Easy! I saved over $100 on shipping a PSG to Texas (fully insured) than what my local UPS Store quoted me. Worth the 18 minute drive.

What make PSG do you need work on?
Tony
Newnan, GA

Too many guitars, not enough time to play
'72 Sho-Bud 6139 '71 Sho-Bud 6140
'82 Sho-Bud 6160 '73 Sho-Bud 6138
'71 Marlen 210
'78 Fender Stringmaster T8 black '70??? Fender Champ Lap Steel