Recover Pac a seat

For people who build steel guitars

Moderator: J D Sauser

Larry Dering

Recover Pac a seat

Post by Larry Dering »

I'm doing a refurbish on an old Emmons seat. Looks like the plywood was just painted black. Planning on using a quality grade vinyl on the seat body and the upholstery the cushion with a duct fabrick. Anyone else use vinyl on the wood frame?
Dan Rollans

Seat recover

Post by Dan Rollans »

Hey fellow, you can use vinyl on the lower box portion of the seat and a good quality fabric on the seat cushion. For a one seat job you can pick up a can of 3M Super adhesive glue from walmart. Spray the box and the vinyl. Let it tack dry and wrap the box. Recover the cushion with a staple gun with a good quality fabric, such as an automotive seat cloth. You can find various colors and textures of vinyl for a one seat job at MOJO Tone
Good luck
Dan Rollans @ Steelers Choice
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Dan, many thanks for the advice. I got a couple of your seats too. One I bought from your dad at the Texas show many moons ago. They have held up well over the years.
Dan Rollans

Post by Dan Rollans »

My pleasure. I always want to help out whenever I can. Good luck
Thanks for being a Steelers Choice alumni
Dan
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

You bet. Your seats are the best period. This old seat I'm fixing is for my son that I'm trying to make into a steel player. I also have a couple of your seats that I bought 2nd hand. They are still in perfect shape. Thanks Dan for a great product.