Dickerson with matching amp and record player PRICE DROP$600

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bob Hardy

Dickerson with matching amp and record player PRICE DROP$600

Post by Bob Hardy »

This was my mothers. I have a picture of her playing out at the Hollywood bowl when she was a kid one of those things that you said you would take to your grave, but just found out that will be 1 to 3 years away due to a disease, I got from my genetic dad. so AnyWho, I’ve never seen a trio like this before they guitar works fine the amplifier I do not know I replaced the covers on it front and back it lights up but when I plug my regular guitar into it, I got no sound. The jacks are very dirty and the record player. I have not cleaned it just in a spot so you can see that it is the same matching unit. $600.00. Plus shipping thanks, Bob
Last edited by Bob Hardy on 25 Oct 2023 8:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
sho~bud LDG, speedster combo,fender deville, swr california blonde, roland AC60, larrivee P09FM TSB, tele, prs, kamaka custom tenor, pono ebony tenor, moms lap steel, 1950 belair, 1970 yamaha HT1, Kawsaki ZRX1200, and a bitchin 60's mini bike
Mark Helm

Hey, Bob!

Post by Mark Helm »

Aloha, Bob!

Would you mind posting that picture of your mom? I'm sure everyone would love to see it. I know I sure would!

Take care of yourself,

Mark
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Bud Harger

Interesting set…

Post by Bud Harger »

It’s probably a Dickerson (by Magnatone). I have my Dickerson from 1947-48.
My folks insisted that I take Hawaiian guitar lessons. It’s exactly like this one.

It still plays great.

bUd
Last edited by Bud Harger on 17 Oct 2023 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bUd

1969 Emmons (Layla) D-10 8f/4k; 2019 Justice D-10 8f/7k; Evans Amps.
Bob Hardy

Post by Bob Hardy »

sho~bud LDG, speedster combo,fender deville, swr california blonde, roland AC60, larrivee P09FM TSB, tele, prs, kamaka custom tenor, pono ebony tenor, moms lap steel, 1950 belair, 1970 yamaha HT1, Kawsaki ZRX1200, and a bitchin 60's mini bike
Bob Hardy

Post by Bob Hardy »

Bob Hardy

Post by Bob Hardy »

If you look at the guy who’s looking off to his left, it appears my mom either played the wrong thing or she farted
Bob Hardy

Post by Bob Hardy »

And yes, it looks like it is a Dickerson. You can see the amp in front of her.
David Weisenthal

Post by David Weisenthal »

Wonderful pictures Bob, your mom looks so happy posing with it by the road. I've never seen one of those MOTS phonographs!
Bob Hardy

Post by Bob Hardy »

That is the backyard before my grandfather built the brick wall there the shadow is the garage and if you look in the background, you can see the big building there that is Lockheed manufacturing plant where he worked for 43 years after the war I worked there for two years and could not wait to get the hell out of there that is Van Owen in Burbank, California. Last time I was there clearing out her house, Jay Leno drove by on his steam engine car