effects/pedal board leg attachment solutions

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Andrew Frost

effects/pedal board leg attachment solutions

Post by Andrew Frost »

Interested to hear about your solutions for having effects pedals/pre amps/black box/amp head or whtatever close by at fingertips.
Like a tray that attaches to the leg of the guitar etc.

These days I keep a small board on the floor to the right of me. This has my amp head and a couple small units. Reaching to the floor to tweak tone is a bit of a nuisance, but simple set up and strike makes it worthwhile.

I've experimented with leg trays and attachments in the past but they didn't take for whatever reason.
Revisiting the issue here though...

Thanks
Andy
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

I use a tripod stand that is like a mini version of the speaker stands that are used a lot. This keeps my pedal board at a level that is easy to reach. I used those Rubbermaid floating shelf boards, and brackets that you can buy that fit on the stand. They are the same size hole as the large speaker stands. I drilled and installed 1/4-20 threaded inserts into the bottom of the board, and use plastic knob style screws to attach it. My board also has a cord to plug into my guitar and one to plug into my volume pedal, that stay attached even when in it's case. Sort of like "plug & play". I also have a phone holder for times when the band uses set lists, and I have them stored on my phone. It also has rubber feet on the bottom in case I use my NV400 head on the floor to my right. This board would sit on top of the head.

Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Nicholas Cox

Effects pedals

Post by Nicholas Cox »

I built a drawer into my seat.

Rick Grieco

Post by Rick Grieco »

Nicholas and Richard....very cool solutions!
Justice S10 3x4 Blue Ripple
1975 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Peavey Bandit 112 Sheffield
Fender Champion 50XL
Gibson SG Standard
Gretsch G5422-12
Steve Spitz

That seat tray is slick

Post by Steve Spitz »

I like the idea of using the seat. Knobs at your fingertips, less on the floor.

I did something similar at one time. Another benefit was you could set it up , hook it up off the bandstand, so, easy one piece on and off.

Also like the idea of a smaller footprint on a tight stage, and you’re less likely to leave something behind on a hectic, dark load out.
Ellen Angelico

Post by Ellen Angelico »

Not the most elegant solution, but I usually set my guitar case up sideways and put my pedals on it. I'm typically only using a pedal or two max, so it gets them off the floor and closer to my hands.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

I always thought it would be neat to have a switchbox on the steel leg that operates your different pedals. Once you get them set you really only need them either on or off.
2013 Williams D-10, 2019 Williams D-10, 1970 Fender Twin, Evans SE200, Fender Tonemaster Twin, Hilton pedal, Jagwire Strings.
Ken Metcalf

Post by Ken Metcalf »

https://sanantoniosteelguitarassoc.com/
MSA 12 String E9th/B6th Universal
Little Walter PF-89.
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

I use a steelseat.com pedalboard. It has legs like a pac-a-seat

Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

That's nice, Johnny.
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5
Jeremy Threlfall

Post by Jeremy Threlfall »

I have wondered about a tray that would rest down on the two adjacent legs of the guitar, and then I wondered if that would interfere with the transference of vibrations from the guitar cabinet to the floor, causing my guitar's colour to fade from black to gray

I always figured that leg attachments could only be robust enough for 2-3 pedals max, and I've never bothered. I used to gave a Hilton that clipped on, and that was neat enough, but i imagine two or three separate ones of those would be messy.

I keep an earth drive, tuner, a zoom CDR and a little 9V supply on a short piece of mdf next to me on the floor - about 3"x9"
Bob Sykes

cheap but it works

Post by Bob Sykes »

Cafeteria tray stand. $5 from local flea market.

Carters Starter, D10 8+7, SD10
ISO Sustainus Ad Infinitum