Excel Superb SD12 8x8 in Canada

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Chris Reesor

Excel Superb SD12 8x8 in Canada

Post by Chris Reesor »

I have been the third owner of this c. 2005 guitar, since 2012.
It is in very good overall condition, sounds great and stays in tune well.
It is set up E9/B6 U12 with a lock lever and a three lever center group and a second RKR that drops down for pure 6th tuning play with the lock engaged, giving all the changes of Emmons C6 setup.
There are quite a few extra parts included. 36 pulls are installed at the moment, so pretty much any 12 string setup is possible without needing more parts.

Pickup is the sweet sounding Tonealigner, and my take on Brad Sarno's Freeloader is installed using the original switched tone control as the load controller. It works well.

I should mention that the scale is 25.5", which sounds much better on the lowest notes, but has caused some people problems with breaking the third string. I can honestly state that I have never broken a string on this guitar, using Jagwires.
This early Superb has the string ball end in slots at the changer end and the plain end goes around a cap screw at the keyless tuner block which moves vertically, adjusted by the same allen wrench that fits the tuning nuts. String changes are quite simple on this setup, and I have never needed any special tools to pull out slack before tightening the locking screws. Maybe Fuzzy got it right the first time.

Asking $3500 plus shipping.

More pictures, copedent chart, or any specific views you would like to see, Pm me your email address.
Excel Superb U12, MIJ Squier tele, modified Deluxe Reverb RI, Cube 80XL, self built acoustics & mandolins
Chris Reesor

Excel Superb Sold.

Post by Chris Reesor »

That was quick. :whoa:

This guitar is going to a good home in La Belle Province, Quebec, Canada.

Donation will be sent.

CR.
Excel Superb U12, MIJ Squier tele, modified Deluxe Reverb RI, Cube 80XL, self built acoustics & mandolins