Bob Leftridge Branson shows UPDATE

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Larry Baker

Bob Leftridge Branson shows UPDATE

Post by Larry Baker »

Just got word that Bob Leftridge Passed away this morning.
Bob was well known in The Branson area having played on several of the shows. Bob was my cousin and was born and raised in the Mid Missouri area. I don't have any other information at this time. Survived by his wife and 2 sons.

Visitation will be Saturday Sept. 30 at First Baptist church in Ozark, mo. 10:A.M.
Memorial service at. 11:am at First Baptist church.
Last edited by Larry Baker on 25 Sep 2023 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Sorry to hear this sad news. I knew Bob and he was a Great Guy and Entertainer! Prayers for his Family
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

Bob was one of the last of that first generation of music show entertainers from the Ozarks. His name pops up several different times in different places in some of the history books on the subject. I'm pretty sure he worked for a time on the famous Ozark Jubilee, Lee Mace's Ozark Opry at Lake of the Ozarks, definitely at the Baldknobbers in Branson where he served as emcee for several years, and he did lots of commercials at the TV stations in Springfield.

He always had a smile on his face and some rhinestones on his coat. He had a wonderful voice for traditional country music.

Rest In Peace, Bob. Link to his obituary is below, an interesting read

https://www.adamsfuneralhome.com/obitua ... -leftridge
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Sad news. Bob was definitely a Branson main stay. He was well respected in the music of Branson. My thoughts and prayers for Bob and family.