Fender Bassman 60- 1987-88 Vintage Schematic

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Haspert

Fender Bassman 60- 1987-88 Vintage Schematic

Post by John Haspert »

I am trying to assist a member of our church band (we’re all volunteer) with his older solid state Bassman 60. Does anyone have a schematic for this beast? It has 2 inputs. Volume, master, treble, middle , bass controls. Limiter pilot lamp, but no switch.. The schematics I am finding are for the later models made in the 90’s. Thanks in advance.
Pedal Steel Guitar is "Music from Heaven"
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

The only one I find has a 99 date!
When I get to another computer, I'll check if the CD full of schematics I have has that model on it.
https://schematicheaven.net/fenderamps/ ... sman60.pdf

EDIT: No luck with the schematics I have!
Last edited by Bill A. Moore on 22 Sep 2023 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Haspert

Post by John Haspert »

Thanks for your kind response. Unfortunately, the 1999 version is different than the one I am working on.. in 1987-89, there were fewer controls, 2 inputs that appear to be equal in gain. So, if you have something else in else in your files, I am truly grateful.
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

Some discussions seem to point to a similarity to the Sidekick Bass.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/atta ... df.644827/
John Haspert

Bassman 60- 1987-89

Post by John Haspert »

Thanks Bill for digging into this for me. Someone (have No idea who me that was) tried to repair some parts of the pre-amp circuits. There were jumpers where there should not have been any as well as some damage to the copper on the PCB. What you found gives me some clue as to what should be connected or what should not. Now I can source the proper input jacks and restore this back to original. Fortunately, I know the power amp section is good and most of the pre-amp, limiter is functioning properly. Back to the bench after a virtual visit to Antique Electronic Supply and see if this thing can sing once again. Thanks much
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

I don't know how much room you have in that one, but I always replace the snap-in jacks with a switchcraft 12A. It is a permanent fix for the Hot Rods, Devilles, and Blues Juniors!
John Haspert

Bassman 60 Follow-up

Post by John Haspert »

Well….the surgery was successful and the patient survived. You and Switchcraft are my heroes. I had a couple of the Switchcraft shorting jacks (don’t know the exact number), so once the mystery jumpers and PCB jacks were removed. I compared the schematic that you found with the what was there on the PCB….I was able to identify where repair jumpers for the damages were needed. Got them in place, then grabbed the Switchcraft replacement jacks and there was just enough room to get them I squeezed in there. Wired them up and Voila!!!! Both channels came to life. Inspected my work to make sure no cold or loose joints. Then back into the OE Particle board cabinet. So, the beast is back to life and on its way back to church. Thanks again for the assist!!!!
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

There was never a doubt was there!