Carter Dogbone Replacement Pull Rod Locks-replacement Bones!

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

Finallhy got the order in!
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

2nd batch got here safe and sound, BIG time and sanity saver for us Carter folk and I appreciate the germ freeness (a lot!)
Last edited by Gene Tani on 28 May 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

Probably the best bell cranks ever made when they employ this type of Doggone Dogbones. If I'm not mistaken I believe they fit MCI/EMCI bellcranks as well as Carter.
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

Email sent.
Bill Liscomb

Post by Bill Liscomb »

Ttt
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

A bump in case anyone needs some of these. They work great.

Tony
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Is he still making them? I believe I saw that he sold his Carter. I redid my E9 neck with these. Great parts. Would love to do my C6 neck.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

Yes he is. I bought some from him about three weeks ago. They are great.
Abram Wenger

sale

Post by Abram Wenger »

are they still for sale
if so I'll take some
Wayne Brown

steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

Bill has updated this post on the original 1st post and said that he is not making these anymore. We have been watching this post and did not want to step on anybody's toes. So with Bill stepping down Outwest is announcing that we are in the process of tooling up to build these as they are a great idea. Since the carter steel guitar is aging gracefully now with no new replacement parts being available or manufactured at this time. I am hoping to be up and running on these by early December
Thanks
Wayne Brown
c/o
Outwest Seats/cases
Owner Out West Seats,Cases
www.outwestcountry.ca
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Excellent, Wayne. Sorry to read of Bill's troubles.

As I've found when using these, it is wishful thinking that you can just cut off the hook of the pull rod and insert the straight rod into these pieces and still have enough length left for adequate threading of the nylon tuner. You might. But it's dicey.
So for anyone upgrading to these parts, consider rod replacement to be a part of the deal.

Wayne -- if you can get this down to a science and offer threaded rods of the right length along with these bones, you would have a winning package.
(Just my thoughts).
Wayne Brown

Steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

Lol :D that was already in the works. This basically changes the Carter hook system into the older now modified MSA system. These type of new carter rods are quite easy to manufacture.
Thanks
Wayne
www.outwestcountry.ca
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Jon Light wrote:Excellent, Wayne. Sorry to read of Bill's troubles.

As I've found when using these, it is wishful thinking that you can just cut off the hook of the pull rod and insert the straight rod into these pieces and still have enough length left for adequate threading of the nylon tuner. You might. But it's dicey.
So for anyone upgrading to these parts, consider rod replacement to be a part of the deal.

Wayne -- if you can get this down to a science and offer threaded rods of the right length along with these bones, you would have a winning package.
(Just my thoughts).
I found it easier to make new rods out of welding rod. I used Bill's parts for my E9 neck.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
John Groover McDuffie

Post by John Groover McDuffie »

Sorry to hear of Bill's difficulties. Thanks, Wayne, for taking up the mantle! I'll be ordering some more from you.
Wayne Brown

steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

All tools including a new lathe has now been ordered and en route.
thanks
wayne
www.outwestcountry.ca
Ron Hogan

Post by Ron Hogan »

Here’s your resource on the Carter dog bones substitute. The only thing you have to do is drill a hole in the middle to except your rod. It’s already pre-threaded and you’ll have to buy an Allen setscrew.