Dekley pedal rod connector

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Patrick McDonald

Dekley pedal rod connector

Post by Patrick McDonald »

Greetings all-
I have a Dekley S-10 for which I need a pedal rod connector. I think it is called an "end load" type. I am a relative neophyte on PSG and seek your help here.

Before posting, I came across The Steel Guitar Forum store, and found this-
https://www.steelguitarshopper.com/inli ... -show-pro/

Lori at the store, was very helpful but steered me back here to the forum for definitive help. I have attached a pix with various looks at my broken piece and current set-up.

If I didn't find the correct replacement piece, please steer me in the right direction. If I did, I'll head back to the Forum store.

Thanks PSGers!
Pat McDonald
GuitarSlacker
Jamaica Plain Mass.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Pat -- I was laying low hoping a legit Dekley person would give you a definitive answer. My general answer is yes, your thinking is correct and I would be ordering that part, as opposed to the sidemount connector. This just came up on a client's guitar with the same blown-out part.

But I have no experience with Dekleys and I'm not comfortable assuming that it uses standard parts.
Hopefully, by my bumping this to the top, someone will see it and give you a 100% solid answer.
Patrick McDonald

Post by Patrick McDonald »

Thanks for the info, AND the bump!

I'll probably take a flyer on the part noted in my post if I no definitive answer appears.

PMac
GuitarSlacker
Tom Jordan

Post by Tom Jordan »

Pat,

I think you're on the right track with the inline connector. My Dekley is different in that the "ball end" is mounted on the side of the pedal and uses side mount connectors.

Tom
ZB Custom SD10, Dekley S10, Nashville Tele w/Parson B Bender, Dobros, Lap Steels
Fender Tube Amps and stuff...