Fender ToneMaster Twin Reverb users

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brooks Montgomery

Post by Brooks Montgomery »

Dave Stagner wrote:
Larry Dering wrote:Big Jim Murphy and Redd Volkaert is a wonderful schooling on how a band should sound. Not only the steel tone but the sound and style of Redd on that Telecaster is my desired guitar tone. That's some fine music for listening.
That drumming, too! I want to find a drummer who can just play a snare drum with brushes, nothing else, and fill out a whole band sound.
Yes, if only we could clone Larry Atamanuick. (Alison Krauss Union Station & many others)
A banjo, like a pet monkey, seems like a good idea at first.
David Rogerson

Post by David Rogerson »

I've just taken delivery of a Fender ToneMaster Twin & found the overall sound to be clear and punchy. After spending an hour experimenting with the tone controls and getting used the amp, I am experiencing a "harshness" when I play B & C, strings 3,4,5 up around the 15th fret area that is a bit distracting. Has anyone else found this and if so what did you do minimise it?
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

It will take a good bit of playing for the speakers to break in to sweeten the tone, plus a lot of knob tweaks. Depending on your pickup and your attack tones will vary. I'm playing a Derby SD10 3x5 with a E66 pickup, Sarno Black box, Goodrich passive volume pedal into the reverb channel. My settings are with bright switch off. But I often run an outboard reverb and delay. My best tone to date was with a Peavey Profex II into front with its 3B Eq, reverb and delay. I also downloaded Fender updated reverb that made the amps reverb more useful.
V 5.5
T 5,5
M 3
B 4