John Widgren

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Douglas Cresanta

John Widgren

Post by Douglas Cresanta »

Recently, I had John service my Rains, and I couldn't be
happier. John, is a master craftsman on steel guitars and
a great person, as well. Oh, and he's a great player, too!
Thank You, John.

Doug Cresanta
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

I saw John last week. He did work on my Williams 12 and he has done work on a Sho-bud D10 Pro III for me and I can agree 100%. Very nice, great work, fun to talk to. Every time I've seen him I get a history lesson and tips on maintenance. The ex-professor in him comes out, :)

He has some really nice steels for sale which I got a chance to look at. Stands behind his work, prices are very reasonable and he is scrupulous about not wasting time or money for his clients.

Just don't try and get cell phone service around his house. The Wilton Dead Zone.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Mike Marsh

Total agreement!!!

Post by Mike Marsh »

John is a high quality Mechanic and human!
Mike
Williams Series 700 4X5
Bill Lowe

Post by Bill Lowe »

yes sir !!!!!
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

John Widgren is probably the first steel-playing friend that I made on my migration from London.

I was living in NYC for a while and got to hear John - by chance - playing with Western Caravan. He played so well that I had some misgivings about even setting up my steel in the USA! :)

Then he comped me in to see 'Always, Patsy Cline' where he was doing the off-Broadway run of a show with which I would come to know intimately.

A lovely guy and a fine player and 'tech'. I'm just sorry that I'm so far away now (FL/CT!!!) and that John doesn't ship guitars. He could work miracles on my LeGrande after all my butchering!
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Joshua Tschetter

Post by Joshua Tschetter »

John has saved me from being “steel-wrecked” more then once, John I humbly thank you:)
Everything being said about John…I second the motion!
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

BTW, he is also a very good teacher who is generous with his time and patience in a judgement free environment. He was a professor and it shows.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Pat Chong

Post by Pat Chong »

Hi folks,

I, too want to add a "+" to John. I had just placed an order with him for some Dekley parts.

I had received the parts, and at a decent price, too.

Thank you, Mr. Widgren!
All the best.......Pat.