Sierra 4 & 5 S-10, plus Pad

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Charley Bond

Sierra 4 & 5 S-10, plus Pad

Post by Charley Bond »

I'll put out a lot of description for my Sierra S-10 Pedal Steel Guitar, as the days go by... Here are some pics, so you can see what's for sale.

The guitar is said to Be a Sierra prototype Olympic, that was a 3 & 3, Its now a 4 & 5. It has a bolt on Pad. It comes with a Pak-A-Seat & a Peavey Vegas 400., a Goodrich Pedal, a Peterson Tuner, a Brads Tab-Rack & lots of bars, picks, music, lessons ....i.e , all I have.

I'm gonna be 81 in 2 weeks & it's time to quit dreaming...

The 4 & 5 has a Custom Vertical Knee Lever, the reverse levers have gears & the copedent is a modified Jimmy Day. More will be said soon.

Asking price is $4000 + shipping is a negotiation. I live close to Tulsa, OK

It's a wonderful Pedal Steel & I have made it better....

Added.. The custom bell cranks & keyed shafts make this a SUPER reliable Guitar. no rotation on these bellcranks. Not all are installed, but the extras will be included. The way you put these on, is this. First you screw the modified socket screw in backwards, until it's in place, turn it over & use the Allen wrench, to back it outa the way. Once the bellcrank is on the keyed shaft & located, you tighten the set screw, to secure the assembly & then tighten the main tie down screw. Your worries are over.
All guitars with round shaft can be done this way... A Super Fix & Inexpensive.

More to come....
Last edited by Charley Bond on 11 Nov 2023 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steel Guitar players are members of a Special Family
Bill Alexander

Sierra

Post by Bill Alexander »

Never quit dreaming my friend
It's all about the music
Charley Bond

Copper Sierra

Post by Charley Bond »

More pics & more information to come on this guitar. I will define the copedent, show a rodding chart & show the levers, pedals & stuff on the underside real well.

I have swapped & added some pics & text
Charlie Hansen

Post by Charlie Hansen »

I'll be 81 in a month and I have no intention of selling my stuff, so hang in there.
I don't know much but what I know I know very well.
Carter S-10 3X5, Peavey Nashville 112, plus Regal dobro and too many other instruments to mention.
Bluegrass Island CFCY FM 95.1 Charlottetown, PE, Canada, on the web at cfcy.fm.
A Touch Of Texas CIOE FM 97.5 Sackville, NS, Canada,
on the web at cioe975.ca.
Charley Bond

Selling my Steel

Post by Charley Bond »

Thanks Charlie, I'm partially selling it, to save my home. I need some money, because my SS & pension isn't enough. We are fine, but since my Mother passed on, we don't need a 5200 Sqft home. It costs too much to insure or maintain. It's catching up to my budget. A few grand will last me more than a few years. I haven't played it much, in the last couple years.