Fender legs & sockets

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Steffen Gunter

Fender legs & sockets

Post by Steffen Gunter »

Does anybody know if Fender Rhodes front legs & sockets are exactly the same as Stringmaster / Custom legs & sockets?

They look the same and are easier to get and some of my old legs are really worn out and hardly adjustable.
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Yes... Vintage Vibe has them. You'll probably need to go to Home Depot and get some crutch tips for them.

The earlier SM's had a different leg angle I think... but this is the only game in town, the threads are all the same.

I've had good luck cleaning the insides... take them apart and make sure you've got all three clutch pieces and the clutch ring. Sometimes one piece goes down the inside of the leg when unscrewed too much.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Steffen Gunter

Post by Steffen Gunter »

Thank you, Stephen 👍
Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

Stephen Cowell wrote:I've had good luck cleaning the insides...
Me too, about ten years ago. Just soaked the parts for the clutch of my Studio Deluxe legs in naptha for a spell, wiped down the tubes (again with naptha -- Ronsinol will work in a pinch), put 'em back together, and they've worked like a million bucks ever since.