Some western swing on the 12 string D13 tuning

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Greg Cutshaw

Some western swing on the 12 string D13 tuning

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

My second attempt at recording a song using the D13 tuning on my sierra S-12. This is adapted from the Ray Price sings Bob Will album. I used the ToneX Pedal for both the steel and guitar parts this time. The fiddle is from RealBand and the the piano was programmed in EZKeys.

You Don't Care What Happens To Me!

Rhythm track is located here:

https://www.gregcutshaw.com/Sierra%20Si ... yless.html
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Very nice job Greg.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

Really enjoyed that. Great sound.
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Thanks and Kudos to Jimmy Day for showing us how to squeeze every ounce of western swing and feeling out of all those songs on that RP album.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Love that tone Greg. Great job.
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Thanks Larry. I like the sounds I am getting out of the ToneX pedal better than any of my amps including the Fender Steel King, Nashville 400, Fractal Axe 3 and the Quilter Travis Toy 15. The same exact tone is there no matter where I play or record in both the headphones and speakers. It's set on "Fender Twin" but to my ears doesn't sound like that at all. Sounds more like a Webb 6-14E with the steel and a Fender Princeton with the guitar. The reverb is set on plate with a long decay which comes out as more of a hall reverb. The tone adjustments are quick and versatile.