Evans Hybrid AH-200 - anyone else know much about these?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brandon Schafer

Evans Hybrid AH-200 - anyone else know much about these?

Post by Brandon Schafer »

I just got ahold of an Evans Hybrid AH-200, as I’d long wished to try one. In short, I plugged it in and with a few knob twists, it sounds outstanding!

However, this is the first one I’ve actually ever seen. Were these extra-limited production items?

Anyone else have one that care to comment and/or share their settings? I have got it dialed in for my liking for now, but of course, I’m curious to hear from anyone who’s got some time in with one!

Thanks all!

B
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

What you are calling a AH 200 Hybrid. Does it have a Reverb/Flange switch, And Dwell on the back of the amp.
I sent a AH 200 back for repair, Mr. Buffington said he added some to the circuits while repairing it.
Brandon Schafer

Post by Brandon Schafer »

Here’s a picture of mine:

Yes, it has the Chorus/Reverb/Flange with dwell knob on the back.

Thanks for that information! I may reach out to Mr. Bluffington accordingly. I wish mine had the XLR out option.
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

Now I see yours actually says Hybrid AH 200. The one I have has just AH 200 on it, It has 2 other controls on it.
That I have seen on other Evans amps. Here is pictures of the one I have. It has depth knob and Expand switch. I got some new heavy cables, I am going to have to get it out and see how it works with the heavy cables.