Vertical Knee Lever

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Wilkerson

Vertical Knee Lever

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a vertical knee lever kit for an older MSA classic? I'll need the lever arm cross shaft bell cranks and 2 pull rods. Thanks a help. Mike
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Ivan Funk

Post by Ivan Funk »

I think Wayne has MSA vertical knee levers.
Maybe not the pull rods...

https://outwestcountry.ca/index.php/pro ... ssembly-2/
Wayne Brown

steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

Thanks Ivan
Yes I have almost everything except the bell cranks.They are getting really hard to find now so, I used a fellow forum member Barry Coker. He is a great machinist and makes them for me. They are a beautiful replica of the original. As for the pull rods I can make them but usually shipping is prohibitive. I am more than happy to do them for you. Or you can source them locally at a welding supply shop and thread them yourself. Let me know, Thanks
outwestcountry.ca
Thanks
Wayne
Owner Out West Seats,Cases
www.outwestcountry.ca
Mike Wilkerson

Re: steel guitar parts

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Wayne Brown wrote:Thanks Ivan
Yes I have almost everything except the bell cranks.They are getting really hard to find now so, I used a fellow forum member Barry Coker. He is a great machinist and makes them for me. They are a beautiful replica of the original. As for the pull rods I can make them but usually shipping is prohibitive. I am more than happy to do them for you. Or you can source them locally at a welding supply shop and thread them yourself. Let me know, Thanks
outwestcountry.ca
Thanks
Wayne
hey Wayne thanks buddy what size rods will I need and where can I get a die set that small? I'll source the rods locally but I know for a fact I don't a die set that small. What size do the threads need to be and how far do I thread the rod.
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Wayne Brown

steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

PM sent
thanks
wayne
Owner Out West Seats,Cases
www.outwestcountry.ca
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

These parts are needed to install a knee lever in an old MSA Classic. Would need another plastic bushing if installing in a D10 or D 12. Cross shaft stops are needed for both directions of travel.

Mike Wilkerson

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Bobby D. Jones wrote:These parts are needed to install a knee lever in an old MSA Classic. Would need another plastic bushing if installing in a D10 or D 12. Cross shaft stops are needed for both directions of travel.

I will be installing on S12