New Mullen guitar

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Floyd Lowery

New Mullen guitar

Post by Floyd Lowery »

I have received my new Mullen petal steel guitar. Wow, what a beauty. Plays fantastic. I've gone from 12 strings to 10 and there is an adjustment period, but I expected that. This will bring a spark of new fun making me work my brain some. :lol:
Carter 12 string 4petals 5knees, Mullen G2 3 petals 4 knees
Alesis QuadraVerb, Goodrich Match-Bro II
Peavy Nashville 400 & Session 500
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

good choice, I've been a Mullen player since 2009, and love it. you will love it.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
John Palumbo

Post by John Palumbo »

Maybe post some pic's, enjoy a Great instrument!
Mullen G2, Hilton VP, Fender Tone Master Delux Reverb, Keeley Caverns V2 Delay & Reverb
Floyd Lowery

Post by Floyd Lowery »

I do not have a smartphone. Just a jitterbug flip phone and have no idea how to post pictures. It is red with a black pad. Single neck on a double frame. Three petals, four knees.
John Palumbo

Post by John Palumbo »

Enjoy it Floyd, Congratulations!!
Mullen G2, Hilton VP, Fender Tone Master Delux Reverb, Keeley Caverns V2 Delay & Reverb
John Butler

new mullen

Post by John Butler »

Great to hear from you Floyd. Congrats on the new Mullen. I know you will love it.I've had mine for about 8 years.It's all the guitar I'll ever want. Enjoy it. Maybe if we get down your way, we'll stop by. John
Floyd Lowery

Re: new mullen

Post by Floyd Lowery »

John Butler wrote:Great to hear from you Floyd. Congrats on the new Mullen. I know you will love it.I've had mine for about 8 years.It's all the guitar I'll ever want. Enjoy it. Maybe if we get down your way, we'll stop by.
John
Hey John, I'd love to see you. It's been awhile.
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Floyd,
I was the first I know of to play and bring a Mullen guitar to Nashville, Grand Ole Opry and cable tv channels of that era way back in 1986.
I built most of my adult career on a Mullen guitar. I was sidetracked for a few years, trying other brands, but, came back to Mullen in 2013. Congrats to you on a great choice. Mullen guitars will last a lifetime, always sound great and require minimal maintenance. 👍🏻😊
Last edited by Tommy White on 11 Aug 2023 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Tommy's indorsement is all you need to know. Wow. I have owned a Mullen D10 8x4 purchased new in 94 at the Texas show from the great Herby Wallace. This is the pre RP model and it has performed flawlessly for 30 years with no issues. Wonderful guitars built to last.
Floyd Lowery

Post by Floyd Lowery »

Tommy White, watching you play had a lot to do with me going with Mullen. I've heard a lot of forum members brag on their Mullen guitars, but hearing your sound is fantastic. Of course, you would sound great whatever you played. This guitar is something for me to just enjoy at home for the rest of my life. At my age and strength, I will only be able to play at home. There are so many great steel guitar players out there. I enjoy hearing all of you.
Eamonn ORegan

Mullen RP SD-10

Post by Eamonn ORegan »

Congratulations on your new Mullen. You've chosen well. An excellent guitar with unsurpassed build quality. I've had my SD 10 Royal Precision since 2016 and would never change it.