Homemade, keyless, 10 string lap steel with legs. $650.

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Don McClellan

Homemade, keyless, 10 string lap steel with legs. $650.

Post by Don McClellan »

Image I made this steel guitar about 20 years ago. It is the second of two non-pedal steel guitars I finished. I made it for myself and I wanted it to be as short as possible with a 24" neck. So there is very little space from the bridge to the back end and it's keyless which, of course, makes it very short from end to end. But it's rather thick giving it substantial strength. It was initially an 8 string but I eventually upgraded it to a 10 string. As you can see, it has a rounded, guitar shaped body. It also has a George L's, 10 string pedal steel pickup. This guitar was used a lot so there are a few dings but it is in very good shape overall and has standard, very strong legs that screw on and off. The fret board lines are simply wood-burned onto the neck and the color-coded fret marks are painted on. This guitar has FABULOUS tone and has NO problems. It also has no case. Sorry. If I need to ship it I will put it into a well padded and insulated box. Please do not call. I want text messages only or email thru the forum. Thank you, Don 415-515-5235