Marty Muse

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Craig Stock

Marty Muse

Post by Craig Stock »

Now that Robert Earl Keen is retired from live performing, althouh acording to SavinCountryMusic.com, he is doing a few acoustic shows. I was wondering what Marty has been doing.

Would like an update if anyone has info.
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Mike Holder

Post by Mike Holder »

Last I heard Marty was playing with “ Shiney Ribs” and loving it!
I thought Nashville was the roughest, but I know I’ve said the same about them all.
I received my education, drivin through the Nation listenin to Paul!.. ( Franklin that is! )
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Marty was working on a video all about pedal steel and its players years ago, I'll have to check in with him, get an update on that project. He has one very creative solo CD that is worth having in your library.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Will Houston

Post by Will Houston »

I haven't heard that name for a long time, forgot all about him. Loved him with the Derailers yrs ago. Thanks for bringing Marty's name up.
Garry Vanderlinde

Post by Garry Vanderlinde »

I love the Shiney Ribs!
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

Thanks, good to hear that he is staying busy. Shinyribs is great!
Regards, Craig

Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

In the close to 40 years I've know him, Marty can fit steel beautifully into any musical environment he encounters! :)

Lately he's been doing some steel duet gigs with Flavio Pasquetto (steel for AATW) at Sam's Town Point, which is the only club in Austin TX that features a steel guitar player as the bandleader at least twice a week, thanks to the dedication of Rose Sinclair and the musical preferences of the owner Ramsey Midwood.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Just saw Marty and his Shobud in Cloverdale, CA last Friday on a run with Shineyribs. He and some of the band came by our gig across the street from their hotel and hung out for a bit. Can't say I know him well but we've crossed paths a handful of times when our band opened for Robert Earl Keen. I had seen Kevin, (singer/bandleader of Shineyribs) a few times with the Gourds. Great stuff!

Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

Thanks, Dave for the update, it's great that Shinyribs carries steel on the road!
Regards, Craig