Practice Board

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Marty Broussard

Practice Board

Post by Marty Broussard »

Occasionally I see posts where folks are looking for a practice board. Several years ago Sonny Jenkins and I worked together to create the perfect one for me. Since that time I have retired but feel as though the idea should live on.

You can contact Martin Accordions in Scott, La. Talk to fellow forumite Clarence “Junior” Martin or his daughter Penny. I provided him with the original prototype I had and he’s professionally built 2 that I know of. I have one and the other is his. The design is perfect for right-hand practice, but is also useful for left hand practice. Another thing, you can use it to practice tuning by ear. It will fit in a backpack so you can bring it wherever you want and practice at your convenience. If I can find some pics of mine I’ll post them. Below is a pic of the prototype that I used for 15+ years while touring and working full-time.

Please bear in mind that I’m not building these and all inquiries need to be with The Martin Accordion folks.

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin