Rickenbacher

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Roger Rajotte

Rickenbacher

Post by Roger Rajotte »

Rickenbacher 1940’s B7 seven string lap steel for sale. Needs TLC. This instrument plays well & sounds great with separate tone & volume controls plus the latest thru hole body stringing which greatly improved the Rick staying in tune.
Had a damaged Kluson tuner which I found a newer Kluson Deluxe tuner & had it installed by a local vintage Luthier. The white plate closest to the player was damaged when I received the steel. I did the best I could to build a replacement from scratch from polycarbonate from a local craft store for $3.00 & spray painted white.
Any forum member with skill with a Dremel could cut out a replacement plate to fit correctly & spray paint it to look close to original. Some black paint flecks are evident around the original tuners as well. I do not have the time to attempt to fix myself as I have quite a few lap & pedal steels to move from a collection of steels I inherited years ago therefore I am offering this one @ $1200.00 OBO!
Roger Rajotte

Rick Pics

Post by Roger Rajotte »

Image Picture file Sorry.Having trouble loading files ….
Jon Zimmerman

B7 Ric

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

Looks very nice, Roger. Is there a faintly stamped ser.# on top edge of headstock? Starts with ‘C’.. not nec to post it. Mark Helm is/was interested in early Ric B7. Not sure now. GL with sale.
Jon Zimmerman

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

“Paint flecks around tuners” To my knowledge, ( and the Rickenbacker ‘history’ book by Richard R. Smith) no paint was applied to Bakelite necks until post war ‘fret bumps’ were painted with a white surround.. to make ‘em show up. All the B7 examples in that ‘Bible’ have the 4 on-a-plate tuner gang on outside ( away from player) ..even the one D. Lindley AND Jerry Byrd holds (pp 31) in photos. Might be wise to ck with your Luthier agn, Roger. Maybe he can reveal possibly a ‘replacement neck’ was put on this one some time ago? Just wondering. And yes. I hv a B7 I’m looking at as well.
Eric Dahlhoff

B7

Post by Eric Dahlhoff »

Roger I sent you an email.
Eric
"To live outside the law you must be honest." (Bob Dylan)
Tom Pittman

Richenbacher

Post by Tom Pittman »

I sent you a private message.
Roger Rajotte

Post by Roger Rajotte »

Sold