Portland steel jam May 21st

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bob Knetzger

Post by Bob Knetzger »

Country Dave Harmonson reminded me of the upcoming jam, so we'll trek down together. I haven't been to the P'Jam in many years and I'm always impressed at the fantastic players and good fellowship in the Portland area. What's in the water that there are so many great steelers there?
A buddy is also coming down. He has a 70's era 'Bud that needs some more knee levers added. Anybody who's done this or has some tips for him?

BIG thanks to Larry Behm for putting it all together!
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Bob Knetzger wrote:Country Dave Harmonson reminded me of the upcoming jam, so we'll trek down together. I haven't been to the P'Jam in many years and I'm always impressed at the fantastic players and good fellowship in the Portland area. What's in the water that there are so many great steelers there?
A buddy is also coming down. He has a 70's era 'Bud that needs some more knee levers added. Anybody who's done this or has some tips for him?

BIG thanks to Larry Behm for putting it all together!
Lynn Stafford, tech extraordinaire, is usually in attendance. Another option is Seattle's new tech, Patrick Timmins. Not sure if he's going for sure, I know he was planning on it.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Terry Curley

Jam thank you

Post by Terry Curley »

A major thanks to Larry and the Ponderosa I had a great time and made a few new friends!
Baron Collins-Hill

Post by Baron Collins-Hill »

Agreed, thanks Larry! Steel highlight of the year for sure. Thanks for having me.

Baron
Excel Superb U14
Quilter TT15

Free Online Mandolin & Fiddle Tune Lessons
http://www.mandolessons.com
Dave Harmonson

Post by Dave Harmonson »

Had a blast and great to see old friends.
Bob Knetzger

Post by Bob Knetzger »

I really enjoyed sitting in and hearing all the different players. Lots of great ideas and approaches.

Again, GIANT thanks to Larry B for putting it on and leading the tunes and playing traffic cop. I wish we could have heard Larry play more than just kicking the tunes off and buttoning them up after a lap around the corral.

The band was fantastic: great grooves all day. Thanks for doing all the work so we steelers could have fun.

Also cool to see and hear so many different new and old steels in one place. Where else can you do *that*?
Jared Ruari

New to PNW

Post by Jared Ruari »

PNW Folks,

Hello! I'm new to the area and fairly new to pedal steel.

I'm interested to connect with other steel players in Oregon. I'd moved to Albany in April.

Who should I know? Who is accomplished, somewhat nearby and willing to take on a student?

Hopefully I can make it to the next jam.

-Jared
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

You should contact Larry Behm, who’s in Mt. Angel.