The Greg Leisz Show, June 12

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Doug Earnest

The Greg Leisz Show, June 12

Post by Doug Earnest »

Greg performed at the Hammons Center for the Performing Arts in Springfield, MO, on June 12, accompanying Jackson Browne in a very fine concert lasting two and one half hours.

It was the stripped down version of the band consisting of Jackson on piano, acoustic and electric guitars and vocals,
a top notch stylish drummer whose name I could not make out, Greg Leisz on acoustic and electric lead guitars, a variety of lap steels, and pedal steel for two numbers, Gregs wife on bass guitar. She is quite a fine player also, she made it look effortless. Two ladies sang backup at various times during the show.

The crowd of mostly old hippie types responded very well to Greg. He sure earned his pay. He nailed the old David Lindley lap steel tone and the licks. His six string work featured all the right tasty notes in the right place at the right time.

The whole band and show was top notch, as one would expect. If Jackson Browne has lost any of his ability I couldn't tell it. Go catch the show if you can!!
Richard Alderson

Post by Richard Alderson »

Tip: When looking for where the Greg Leisz Show will be next, be sure to Google the key words "Jackson Browne 2023 Concert Tour". Don't Google "The Greg Leisz Show" (like I did!).
Derby SD-10 5x6; GFI S-10 5x5; GFI S-10 5x5; Zum D-10 8x7; Zum D-10 9x9; Fender 400; Fender Rumble 200; Nashville 400; Telonics TCA-500.
Bruce Bouton

Post by Bruce Bouton »

Just saw Greg here in Nashville, playing with Jackson Brown. What a great show.

Jackson has so many amazing songs and Greg did a lot of soloing.