Did Hal Rugg Own a Blonde Emmons Push Pull ?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Don Mogle

Did Hal Rugg Own a Blonde Emmons Push Pull ?

Post by Don Mogle »

Is there anyone with any knowledge as to whether Hal Rugg owned a 1976 lacquer D-10 Emmons push pull with aluminum necks? Please share what you know. Thanks!
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Don
Not sure of the aluminum necks but Hal did own a Lacquer blond Emmons with wooden necks which I bought from him in the summer of 1975 when I left Nashville. I later sold that guitar to Jay Ganz who still owns it to the best of my knowledge. I know he had multiple guitars and sold it to me because he thought the guitar sounded to mellow.

You can reach out to Jay who can you a serial number and provide a picture of the guitar.

Hope this helps.
'
Mark T.
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Don Mogle

Post by Don Mogle »

Thanks!
scott murray

Post by scott murray »

Hal appears to be playing a lacquer Emmons with metal necks in this photo but that's all I know

1965 Emmons S-10, 3x5 • Emmons LLIII D-10, 10x12 • JCH D-10, 10x12 • Beard MA-8 • Oahu Tonemaster
Rick Kornacker

Maybe this one?

Post by Rick Kornacker »

Hey Don! Saw your post and remembered that I caught this pic of Hal. Back in '83 I ordered an early Emmons LeGrande, in a natural lacquer finish. Got a call from Jack Stray horn and he told me that he had a cabinet that Hal ordered, then changed his mind and opted for mica instead. Anyway,Jack offered me a chance to take Hal's first choice...which was finished the same way the guitar you mentioned. It was natural maple with the black shading on the outside edges of the cabinet. Apparently Hal was trying to reprise the "vibe" of his early push-pull. Don't know if I told you more than you wanted to know but I thought it was relevant to your inquiry...and was a significant cool memory for me. Regards,RK
"think MORE...play LESS"
Don Mogle

Hal's Emmons PP

Post by Don Mogle »

Thank you both for responding! Much appreciated!