Marlen Pull-Release Parts

Post here if you're looking for something special
Tommy Detamore

Marlen Pull-Release Parts

Post by Tommy Detamore »

On the lookout for some parts for an early-70’s Marlen pull-release guitar. Specifically, some bell cranks, swivels, collars, etc.

I’ve got one coming in that needs some major TLC.

Tommy Detamore
Quilter Labs, Goodrich Sound, Source Audio, Neunaber Audio, and Stringjoy Authorized Dealer

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com
Wayne Brown

steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

From the picture I would say that most of what you need collars, swivels etc...Emmons PP parts (or other parts ) for that matter might work. However saying that Measurements would be needed to confirm that.
thanks
wayne
Owner Out West Seats,Cases
www.outwestcountry.ca
Tommy Detamore

Post by Tommy Detamore »

Thanks Wayne! I was thinking the same thing. I have a good stash of Emmons PP parts on hand so we will see!
Tommy Detamore
Quilter Labs, Goodrich Sound, Source Audio, Neunaber Audio, and Stringjoy Authorized Dealer

Barry Coker

Post by Barry Coker »

Hi Tommy If you can give me some Picturs and dementions of stuff you dont have I can probably make most of it for you.

Barry
Zum-D-10, Webb 614-E, 65 Pro Reverb, Evans RE200, 69 Gibson Birdland, 89 Telecaster EAD Bad!!
Tommy Detamore

Post by Tommy Detamore »

Awesome Barry, thanks!
Tommy Detamore

Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Man -- such a different animal from the pull-release Marlen beast I did extensive work on. Fascinating to see the differences/evolution.
Roy Peterman

Post by Roy Peterman »

Tommy, I have some swivels (10 or so), delrin bushings (for crossrods), lower stop screws, and a tuning wrench that fits the lower screws. Let me know, and I'll get them to you. They were all from a Speedy West model.
Tommy Detamore

Post by Tommy Detamore »

Tommy, I have some swivels (10 or so), delrin bushings (for crossrods), lower stop screws, and a tuning wrench that fits the lower screws. Let me know, and I'll get them to you. They were all from a Speedy West model.
I have another Marlen on the way that is a early 2000's all-pull guitar that should be similar to the Speedy West model. So I could very well need what ya got ;)

Thanks Roy! Lemme know what I owe ya.....
Tommy Detamore

Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

The Crossbar diameters are different from "Pull-release" to "all-pull" systems.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Roy Peterman

Post by Roy Peterman »

The bushings I have for the crossrods are 5/16" diameter. I had 3 Marlen/Speedy West models over the years, and they all had the 5/16" crossrods. I never had an all-pull Marlen. What size of crossrods did they have Ricky? I just wondered......
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

I never had an all-pull Marlen. What size of crossrods did they have Ricky?
Sorry Roy; just been too long since I've worked on Marlen to remember the Crossbar diameter size fraction. But I probably have had over 10 Marlen's that were "Pull-release" I restored and about the same amount of "All-pull" Marlen's that came out in 80's; and that was the main thing I remember is the different diameter between the Pull-release and all-pull.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Roy Peterman

Post by Roy Peterman »

Thanks for the response, Ricky. I was curious about the all-pull differences vs. the pull release guitars. Just in case I would have work on one!
Brett Lanier

Post by Brett Lanier »

Hi Tommy,

I have a stash of those bell cranks, as well as a bunch of other Marlen parts. Give me a hollar (41three) 63six-731two