Louisiana legend Bobby Henderson passed

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

billy tam

Louisiana legend Bobby Henderson passed

Post by billy tam »

Bobby Henderson, one of the most talented musicians I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with passed Thursday morning after a long battle with cancer. A virtuoso guitarist, monster sax player(could play two at the same time), fiddler and extremely talented vocalist as is his sister Tereva. All that talent inside a humble and very nice person as well.
He will be missed but some clips of his work are on his Facebook page. RIP Bobby
Billy
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

I agree with you Billy. Bob was everything you said, just an absolutely blessed and awesome musician. My all time favorite sax player by far. A great guitarist too. I always got the impression he was a fan of the pedal steel as well. It musta' been cool for you in doing some gigs with him.

In recent years I've watched Bob as a member of Jimmy Swaggart's band on the SBN Network. I will miss hearing him greatly in his passing.

The good thing is that Bob was saved and is now with The Lord. I heard Jimmy and others talking about Bob the other day in this regard. My deepest prayers go out for all of Bob's family and friends. Bob was truly Blessed by God in his playing. So were we in getting to hear him play.

Sincerely,
Chris "Tiny" Olson
billy tam

Bob

Post by billy tam »

Tiny, PM sent
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

Like my friend Billy said, Bobby was one of the most talented musicians I’ve worked with as well. In past years, worked a lot of recording sessions with Bobby, always the tasteful player. He was a friend and will be missed.
Daniel Dickie

Post by Daniel Dickie »

RIP Bobby Henderson.
Love the music on SBN it has so much soul.
I saw the tribute by Jimmy Swaggart on YouTube just now which was nice.
I'm sure that they will miss his awesome musicianship.