Nan Cawby . . . . Ernie's Wife

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Nick Reed

Nan Cawby . . . . Ernie's Wife

Post by Nick Reed »

Nan Cawby, wife of the late Ernie Cawby passed away Friday morning May 12, 2023 at 6:10am EST. She died at Haven Hospice in Lake City Florida. Miss Nan had been on kidney Dialysis for the past several months along with having congestive heart failure and fluid build-up in her lungs. Ernie Cawby, was a member of this forum and a staple for many years down in Lake Panasoffkee, Florida at the Catfish Johnny's (Florida Steel Guitar Club) Jams. 2 years ago, Nan's 2 daughters brought her to Legion Post #59 in Lake Panasoffkee where she got to see her last Steel Guitar Jam. Please be in prayer for the family . . . Belinda, Becky, & Ernest Jr. as they go through this difficult time.

Nan & Ernie back during happier times
This was Ernie Cawby with his beloved Sho-Bud Professional playing at Catfish Johnny's
This was 2 years ago when Nan's daughters brought her down to Lake Panasoffkee Legion Post #59 to see her last Steel Guitar Jam.
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

I have fond memories of the Cawby family! May Nan rest in peace!
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

RIP. Nice people. I remember them from Saulda.

RC
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Ernie and Nan were both part of the steel guitar shows I played and they were great friends of mine. I've got great memories of the pictures they'd post of the shows.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Condolences. Nan will now be reunited with Ernie.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit