Sho-Bud Fingertip Parts

Post here if you're looking for something special
Daymon LaPoint

Sho-Bud Fingertip Parts

Post by Daymon LaPoint »

I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the direction of some Fingertip parts. At the moment I'm looking for one tear drop knee lever, and associated parts. Also looking for White Fretboards. FOUND FRETBOARDS! Tom Bradshaw had them.

Need 2 Tailpieces. The 2 that came with the guitar are cracked at the screw hole locations. Again, any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by Daymon LaPoint on 10 May 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steel Learnin'

‘71 Emmons “James Blonde”, Sho-Bud LDG, Sho-Bud Fingertip, Rus-Ler D-10, '70 Emmons, P2P Bad Dawg, Fender '59 Bassman,'59 Fender Twin "Bonamassa", Fender Twin Reverb and Rick Johnson Cabinets
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Daymon; I may have a few things; but can't look until I get home from gigs out of town...maybe tomorrow.
Oh it's called a "Tailpiece" that goes around the pickup.
Also FYI ;some tailpieces had a wraparound piece added and some did not. But Fingertip Axle/Fingers did not mount into the tail piece like the next model "The Professional" and all models after that; it had it's own brackets the held the Axle/fingers.

Here's one Without the wraparound>

Here's one With wraparound bracket>

So what do you have and can you show/tell me where it cracked???(OH I SEE YOU JUST PUT A PICK UP>..thanks)
I'll look at all my boxes of stuff tomorrow.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

You can just put a screw in that cracked hole with a nice bright thin Washer(and do the other too to match) and that tail piece has nothing to do with the tuning stability...so your fine it' cracked...but to cover with washer make look much better.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Daymon LaPoint

Post by Daymon LaPoint »

Ricky, as always so very good to hear from you, my friend. I hope you're doing well.
Thank you for the advice on the tailpiece. I'm hoping to locate a couple. The washer idea is great advice but I'm certain it'll drive me crazy as I'm terribly OCD. I'll know it's cracked under there. lol

Let me know what you find in your war chest.

Thank you!!
Steel Learnin'

‘71 Emmons “James Blonde”, Sho-Bud LDG, Sho-Bud Fingertip, Rus-Ler D-10, '70 Emmons, P2P Bad Dawg, Fender '59 Bassman,'59 Fender Twin "Bonamassa", Fender Twin Reverb and Rick Johnson Cabinets
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

If you were close, my friend Mike could fix that right up. A little file and polish work afterwords, and nobody would know different!
Daymon LaPoint

Post by Daymon LaPoint »

Thank you Bill! I’d love to fond someone to bring this one back to life.

Fretboards found!
Steel Learnin'

David Venzke

Teardrop near levers

Post by David Venzke »

Michael Yahl @ psgparts.com has the knee levers in stock.

https://www.psgparts.com/Lever-Knee-Teardrop-01-078.htm
Daymon LaPoint

Post by Daymon LaPoint »

Thank you David. He was one of the first I called, no luck.
Steel Learnin'

David Venzke

Post by David Venzke »

Daymon LaPoint wrote:Thank you David. He was one of the first I called, no luck.
If you didn't check that link, his website says he has 50 in stock.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Sorry Bro; I don't have anything layin around you could use for that fingertip.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Michael Yahl

Post by Michael Yahl »

Just FYI, knee lever for the Fingertip are different than the later ones. On a Fingertip the cross shaft goes thru the knee lever at the pivot point and is activated with a set screw threaded into the cross shaft. So, there's a 5/16" hole in the knee lever for the cross shaft and the slot is wider for the set screw in addition to being cut with an additional slotted area so that the lever can move 90 degrees to case the guitar.
"Don't fergit to kiss yer horse!"
'72 Sho-Bud Professional D10, (in pieces .....), '78 MSA Classic XL D10, '74 MSA Classic D12, Fender 2000
Peavey Session 500 BW, Crate Digital Modeling Amp

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/