Carter parts? And a lever question.

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Scott Spanbauer

Carter parts? And a lever question.

Post by Scott Spanbauer »

Hi All. I snoozed too long and now Al Brisco is no longer selling Carter parts. What is a good source?

What I'm hoping to do is move my Day-style C->B lower from RKR to RKL, and add an A->Ab lower to RKR. It seems like the existing lower lever is might close to the crossbar where the C->B lower happens. Is that OK? Hoping someone else has done this before.

Thanks
Carter D10, Emmons GS10, T8 Stringmaster, 50s Fender Deluxe
johnnyblueheart.com
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

If I understand it correctly, Al sold all the parts to someone that would be taking over the business.

I am sure Al would be happy to answer your question
steelcan@steelguitarcanada.com
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Scott Spanbauer

Post by Scott Spanbauer »

He just told me I should find another supplier.
Carter D10, Emmons GS10, T8 Stringmaster, 50s Fender Deluxe
johnnyblueheart.com
Dan Beller-McKenna

Post by Dan Beller-McKenna »

Wow! That's bad news. I believe Michael Yahl had said at some point that he would not make Carter parts because the originals were still being sold. Maybe he will take them on now? (Because he doesn't already have enough to do :roll: )

That's assuming the person who bought them from Al doesn't make them available for sale in the relatively near future.
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

Wayne Brown

steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

I'm sorry but I am not the person that took over the carter line from Al. We have the other parts just not those sorry. I wish i was, but Al had already made other arrangements. I could use a few carter parts myself.
Sorry about that
wayne
Owner Out West Seats,Cases
www.outwestcountry.ca
Barry Coker

Post by Barry Coker »

As far as Carter Parts I can make most of them I have been making some Universal Bell cranks that will fit any Carter or other steels with 3/8" squair shafts. The other parts with a couple of Picks and some dementions I can get you going.

Barry
Zum-D-10, Webb 614-E, 65 Pro Reverb, Evans RE200, 69 Gibson Birdland, 89 Telecaster EAD Bad!!