Lace Alumitone Pickups ** Both have been sold**

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Marty Nemanick

Lace Alumitone Pickups ** Both have been sold**

Post by Marty Nemanick »

I have a pair of Alumitone pickups for sale, both include adapter plates for wide mount installation, so they are ready to install. $90 each or $175 for the pair shipped within the U.S. The leads have not been cut and are 10" long. Please note that those are shadows on the pickups and NOT imperfections, these are as new.

Thank you,

Marty
Last edited by Marty Nemanick on 3 Jun 2023 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Marty, where did you get the adaptor plates? I just bought a 12-strong Tone Bar and will need a plate to get it into my extended E9 guitars. Thanks.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Marty Nemanick

Post by Marty Nemanick »

John, I made them myself out of 1/8" plastic Lexan. I used a wide mount pickup as a pattern and cut them out with a scroll saw. I drilled and tapped the Lexan to mount the pickup to the plastic and cut the screws flush with the bottom. Hope this helps.

Marty
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Thanks for the info, Marty, I'm sure my Seattle tech Patrick Timmins can make one like that for me. 🤠
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Bryan Daste

Post by Bryan Daste »

Hey John, let me know how you like the pickup once you get it up & running. I've been curious about these for a while!
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Bryan Daste wrote:Hey John, let me know how you like the pickup once you get it up & running. I've been curious about these for a while!
But of course!

I really like the one I heard in Jim Palenscar's MSA about 10 years ago, I spent about 2 hours at his shop swapping pickups in and out, and kept coming back to the Alumitone, thought it had a slight edge on tone and clarity.

I also learned about a cool change he had on his F lever: it was a dual double-stop, raised both E's to F, then on to F#. I used to have that change on string 4 on a staggered lever, so I know how subtly useful it is. Might try that double stop on my F lever.

Although...I just made my Rittenberry's D lever a single lower to D, got tired of fiddling with the unreliable double stop. Pete Burak has done the same thing. We'll see how it goes.
E9 INSTRUCTION
Marty Nemanick

Post by Marty Nemanick »

TTT
Marty Nemanick

Post by Marty Nemanick »

TTT
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

PM sent :arrow:
Marty Nemanick

Post by Marty Nemanick »

Still available.