Tom Vollmer

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Lawson

Tom Vollmer

Post by Ben Lawson »

I put a post up about steel guitarist, Tom Vollmer, in 'Our Extended Family' section. Tom is having some health issues and it would be great if his friends posted some words of encouragement there. Thank you.
Tom Vollmer

Thanks much Ben!

Post by Tom Vollmer »

As you know, I have been preaching steel guitar for a long time. Check me out on 70 years of Steeling. http://countrysunsetband.com/tommy-voll ... -counting/

As I face my last days, I am hoping when I get to heaven I can sit aside of Buddy Emmons and the Angel Harp Band. LOL

Through my career starting with songs like Ashes of Love - Johnny and Jack all the way through to Elton John Rocket Man, Billy Joel, Polkas, strip shows, to church music.

The Steel Guitar will survive as new players pick up the gauntlet and enter into different forms of music. Also, IMHO the Steel guitar is the most versatile instrument right along with the #1 piano. Keep the faith and keep picking. Thank you so much for this forum.

Bobby Lee RIP and hope to meet him soon.
Tom Vollmer

Search on Youtube Tom Vollmer

Post by Tom Vollmer »

Richard Alderson

Post by Richard Alderson »

Thank you Tom. I watched your videos last year and you are inspiration to all of us. I see you have great family to support you too.
Derby SD-10 5x6; GFI S-10 5x5; GFI S-10 5x5; Zum D-10 8x7; Zum D-10 9x9; Fender 400; Fender Rumble 200; Nashville 400; Telonics TCA-500.