Jeff & Sheri Easter steel player

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

C. Eric Banister

Jeff & Sheri Easter steel player

Post by C. Eric Banister »

Anyone know who plays steel and dobro on the newest Jeff & Sheri Easter recording, Treasures?
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Well their boy Steve Easter plays pedal steel on many of their recordings and of course Mike Johnson has recording on some albums....
Is there a specific song you are wondering about?? You would have to put a clip of it from youtube up here for us to hear. Their whole "Treasures" album is on youtube.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Ricky Davis wrote:Well their boy Steve Easter plays pedal steel on many of their recordings and of course Mike Johnson has recording on some albums....
Is there a specific song you are wondering about?? You would have to put a clip of it from youtube up here for us to hear. Their whole "Treasures" album is on youtube.
Ricky
Steve "Rabbit" is Jeff's brother. I remember playing on a session at Steve's studio in NC in the early 80's, before I owned a steel guitar. I was asking Steve about it, and he told me how easy it would be for me to learn to play. Wrong!!! If he could hear me play now, he'd realize how wrong he was. :) Steve is a monster player. His father and uncles had a great gospel group. When I was kid, I'd watch them on Sunday on a Bristol, VA station that we could get. They were the singers on Rev. Leonard Repass program. I miss those times so much.

RC
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Yeah sorry Rick; it's been a LONG time since I saw Steve...he always looked YOUNGER than his brother Jeff...so I just figured he was kin somehow.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

I saw a video where Steve played a beautiful steel instrumental of "The Lighthouse" on his Emmons D-10 a few years ago. He got the nickname "Rabbit" because his last name is Easter and when he worked with the Happy Goodman Family, he got the name from somebody in the group. Steve's brother Jeff sings and plays keyboards
Samuel Rogers

Treasure

Post by Samuel Rogers »

Mike Johnson played pedal Steel and Josh Swift played Dobro on the Treasure album.
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Here is one Rabbit played on a while back with Jimmy Fortune. I believe he lives in eastern Alabama very close to Georgia now. He has subbed a few times at a little Opry show around Carrollton, GA.

https://youtu.be/JYdu3bTTvkU
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
C. Eric Banister

Post by C. Eric Banister »

Thanks Everyone!

Rickey, there wasn't a particular track, I liked the steel and dobro on the whole thing!

And now that I know if it Mike Johnson and Josh Swift, I'm not surprised. Thanks for the info Samuel!
Samuel Rogers

Post by Samuel Rogers »

No problem Eric!

as mentioned already, please check out Rabbit Easter and also I believe it’s his cousin Russel Easter and Jared Easter. All Killer steel players!
Charley Adair

Post by Charley Adair »

Jeff's nephew travels with them and plays steel and other instruments. I had asked him if Rabbit was his brother and he confirmed that. But he likes to use Mike Johnson on recordings. Jared Easter is the nephew. You can hear him on recordings by a gospel group called Redeemed Quartet.