Western Electric Tubes - The Big Come Back

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Fogle

Western Electric Tubes - The Big Come Back

Post by Jim Fogle »

Here's a neat article about one man's plan to revive US vacuum tube manufacturing. https://www.wired.com/story/one-mans-qu ... cuum-tube/
Remembering Harold Fogle (1945-1999) Pedal Steel Player
Dell laptop Win 10, i3, 8GB, 480GB
2023 BiaB UltraPlus PAK
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW
Dan Kelly

Post by Dan Kelly »

Thanks Jim... Good article. And, good for Western Electric! I'll try them out... for sure!
blah, blah, blah.
Hey You Kids! Get Off My Lawn!
blah, blah, blah.
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

I wish them luck. Even a basic concept of quality control should put them ahead.
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

I hope they expand their offerings. So much of my cherished recording and live playing gear relies on tubes.
Bob
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

I gave up on using tube gear for the most part when even the most acclaimed new tubes on the market failed constantly for me, leaving me in sometimes awkward positions.

However, I love tube gear and I love what this company is doing and I hope they can succeed in bringing high-quality, military-grade tubes back into the reach of guitarists, audio nuts, engineers, etc. A five-year warranty? That is amazing. It is a very exciting prospect and it made me really happy to read this article. It seems like they really know what they are doing and they have the fortitude to navigate through the red tape and political bs, and I especially love that the veteran braintrust was a big factor in the company's early growth.
Kerry Johnson

Tubes

Post by Kerry Johnson »

Wow
Encouraging news.
I hope they succeed.