Android tuning app for PSG?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brian Koehler

Post by Brian Koehler »

I tried to google this up and check it out on the forum but it looks like the recommended apps for Android aren't available anymore. I have a usb-c to 1/8 cable I'd like to use for quick tune ups. Tempered tuning would nice but not make or break. I have a chromatic tuner but I'm lazy and want to leave it in my gig bag.
Thanks!!
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

I have a Peterson app, no sweeteners but easy to read cents, etc. and it's a good strobe
Brian Koehler

Post by Brian Koehler »

Thanks! I tried to find a Peterson app for android as they used to have one but I don't think they offer it anymore. What is it called?
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

iStrobosoft

I think it may have disappeared
Brian Koehler

Post by Brian Koehler »

Ya, android doesn't offer it anymore which is a bummer. There are other though. Thanks again!
John Ducsai

Tuner

Post by John Ducsai »

iStrobosoft is still available for iPhone, and the Peterson website says it's on Google play ?
There are sweenteners and other extras available which I use. It will actually work to tap tune a banjo head as well, which most tuners won't do.
It's a great tool.
Brian Koehler

Post by Brian Koehler »

Yep. Peterson still shows it on the website but it's pulled from the play store. Oh well there are other tuners, I just wanted to see what people were using.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Android user and I use G-strings app from the play store. It's a free version and works well. I don't do any sweetened tuning on the app, so I can't say if it's capable.
Randy Sims

Post by Randy Sims »

I have the Airywave App on my Android devices that I obtained from the Google Play Store. It does have tuning for E9 Pedal Steel, and Sergio from Airywave was very kind in responding to my email requesting the Newman Tunings. He included the formula for the Newman tuning in his response with instructions of how to copy and paste it to the Airywave App. The process was very simple. It is possible to add other Tunings for Pedal Steel as well.
Airywave Tuner is a professional chromatic strobe tuner. Powered by 64-bit NeatTimbre™ DSP engine, this app can help tune more than 400 instruments, 900+ alt. tunings, and supports sweetened Tunings. Important! In the process of adding a sweetened tuning, use the Stretched feature instead of the Sweetened. You can turn the strobe feature on or off. It is fast and accurate, and contains many features.
I also have a Peterson StroboStomp HD & Peterson Strobo Flip, but I use the Airywave App very often. Free to download and try, and $4.99 purchase.
Last edited by Randy Sims on 2 Apr 2023 5:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Raybob Bowman

Post by Raybob Bowman »

"tuner - Pitched" is free app for android. Chromatic tuner for any instrument. Also can be set to different frequencies than 440 if desired.
Sierra U12 4+5 / 1933 Dobro / homemade Tele B-bender