No longer for sale Please Close

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Rich Arnold

No longer for sale Please Close

Post by Rich Arnold »

Hi folks,
The time has come for me to sell my guitar to help finance the purchase of a D10 pedal guitar. I love this Fender but must part with it nonetheless.
It's an exceptionally great sounding guitar and I'd like to see it stay that way so I really prefer if someone picked it up here in the Nashville area. But I will ship it if we must.
About the guitar, every thing works good. All 4 pickups work. The pots are a bit scratchy when rotated but don't short out while playing. There is a bit of a stain on 2 of the legs. Stays in tune and notes perfectly. I'm selling it as is. I wont change anything on this guitar before I sell it. I wouldn't dare take a screwdriver to it!
I'm asking $2000 for it plus shipping. Or will trade for a good used D10 pedal steel. Let me know if you are interested. You can e mail me at yoyo_catsbin@yahoo.com or pm me here on the forum. Rich Arnold
IMPORTANT NOTE: The scale length is 24 1/4 inches.

Last edited by Rich Arnold on 12 Apr 2023 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Here's a couple of recordings of this guitar. It's a great sounding guitar! IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRP91cDzWA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9fhznLqliQ
Tim Whitlock

Post by Tim Whitlock »

Wow - really terrific playing Rich and I love your combo!! Shame you have to sell it but good luck!
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Tim Whitlock wrote:Wow - really terrific playing Rich and I love your combo!! Shame you have to sell it but good luck!
Thank. I really appreciate the compliments.
I have really been trying to pull a lot out of that old Fender. Maybe a bit too much. I think the C6 pedal will be a lot better equipped for the swinging journey I'm on. And the E9 will buy a few extra groceries and help put gas in my truck.
In the meantime, I have procured a 1940s vintage 8 string Magnatone. With that I want to try to recreate some old solos. Maybe even do a bit of Hawaiian playing by my hero Jules ah See.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Impressive playing on non pedal steel. You will regret selling it. Seems to fit your style and needs just fine.
Mike DiAlesandro

Post by Mike DiAlesandro »

Larry Dering wrote:Impressive playing on non pedal steel. You will regret selling it. Seems to fit your style and needs just fine.
I agree with Larry, sounds great, I hope you stick with the non-pedal style as you move forward on the pedal steel.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

What's with the black stuff laying on the fret boards by the pickups?
Erv
Al Meyers

Re: 1957 Fender D8 Stringmaster

Post by Al Meyers »

What is the scale length on these, and the black sections? Thanks
Mark Helm

Yeah! What's the black stuff?

Post by Mark Helm »

I'm also curious about the scale length. My guess is the black stuff may be some sort of alien mold that dramatically improves your playing!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Erv Niehaus wrote:What's with the black stuff laying on the fret boards by the pickups?
Erv
Thanks for asking.
Velcro.
I have a bad right hand technique and without the Velcro my finger picks would damage the fretboard under the strings.
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Al Meyers wrote:What is the scale length on these, and the black sections? Thanks
I believe the scale length is.....well heck, I've never measured it. It's the long scale. 28 inches?
The black sections is Velcro placed on the upper end of the fretboard to keep my fingerpicks from causing damage to the fretboard. Bad right hand technique I guess.
Rich Arnold

Re: Yeah! What's the black stuff?

Post by Rich Arnold »

Mark Helm wrote:I'm also curious about the scale length. My guess is the black stuff may be some sort of alien mold that dramatically improves your playing!
Ok so I measured the scale length. It's 24 1/4 inches.

The black stuff if Velcro. I put it on to keep my fingerpicks picks from damaging the portion of the fretboard where I pick.
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Al Meyers wrote:What is the scale length on these, and the black sections? Thanks
The scale length is 25 1/4 inches.
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Larry Dering wrote:Impressive playing on non pedal steel. You will regret selling it. Seems to fit your style and needs just fine.
Thanks Larry.

I got to get an E9. I got some bills to pay and gotta start giging again. I'll miss the Fender. I have to admit it.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

There is no 25 1/4" scale on a Stringmaster. :whoa:
Erv
Scott Spanbauer

Post by Scott Spanbauer »

Saw your wonderful 4-finger style on another video. Inspiring!
Carter D10, Emmons GS10, T8 Stringmaster, 50s Fender Deluxe
johnnyblueheart.com
Mark Helm

Scale length

Post by Mark Helm »

Erv's right. There is no 25.25" scale Stringmaster: It's either 24.5 or 22.5... but I'm guessing, given your tape measuring, that it's the 24.5 model.

We could all tell (most of us, anyway), if you removed the velco, so we could see how many markers there are after the 24th.

Anyway, sweet guitar. Wish I could afford it!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Rich Arnold

Sorry for the confusion about the scale length.

Post by Rich Arnold »

Hey guys,
Sorry about the confusion on the specs. The scale length.

I simply dropped the ball on that. Made a typo.

I make no excuses. Oddly enough I work in fabrication and machining so I should be able to read a tape measure. Ya'll have good reason to question my judgment at this point. R.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

BTW: The early Stringmasters had a 26" scale. :D
Erv
Mark Helm

YUp the V!!

Post by Mark Helm »

Erv's right (of course!): The Stringmaster VIs were 26", but they had chrome pickup covers and no blend wheel. Many had the lollipop tuners that the Dual Pro-era Fenders had (probably because Leo couldn't bear to let anything go to waste!! :lol: ).

SO, yours is 24.5"?for sure?
Rich Arnold

Re: YUp the V!!

Post by Rich Arnold »

Mark Helm wrote:Erv's right (of course!): The Stringmaster VIs were 26", but they had chrome pickup covers and no blend wheel. Many had the lollipop tuners that the Dual Pro-era Fenders had (probably because Leo couldn't bear to let anything go to waste!! :lol: ).

SO, yours is 24.5"?for sure?
Sometimes I get 24 1/2. I measured it a few days ago and thought it came out to 24 1/4. So I don't know.
The length has never made any difference to me because I've been playing it. Not building it. I failed to give it one bit of attention when I first listed it because I didn't think it would make any difference to anyone else unless they intend on tearing it down and using it for spare parts.
Paul Spenceley

1957 Stingmaster

Post by Paul Spenceley »

HI There paul Spenceley here i am interested in the double neck Is there any negotiation available on the guitar actually is it still available Would 1500 buy it . I will be in Nashville on April 12 any chance to see it I live in Crossville T.N. thanks
Tim Whitlock

Re: YUp the V!!

Post by Tim Whitlock »

Rich Arnold wrote: Sometimes I get 24 1/2. I measured it a few days ago and thought it came out to 24 1/4. So I don't know.
The length has never made any difference to me because I've been playing it. Not building it. I failed to give it one bit of attention when I first listed it because I didn't think it would make any difference to anyone else unless they intend on tearing it down and using it for spare parts.
It's a player's preference. Some like the longer scale for tone and some like the shorter scale for slants. A pretty important factor.
Martin Lindsay

Post by Martin Lindsay »

Any photos with Velco removed?
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Martin Lindsay wrote:Any photos with Velco removed?