Stu Schulman

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Jerry -- I've got that here. It's beautiful. Stu brought it to me to see if I could enlarge a few holes to accommodate a couple of 1" bars and a Red Rajah that is even a bit larger. I experimented on a piece of plexi and arrived at using a step drill bit which worked perfectly. I was going to give it to Stu next time I saw him (along with his Mullen Discovery with new vertical lever and split tuners.)
*sigh*
Jerry Gleason

Post by Jerry Gleason »

Jon, I'm glad you have it. Hopefully you can use it. Funny about the holes, but I just made what he requested. I'm sorry I never got to meet Stu in person. I'm sure we would have hit it off. He sent me a couple of his CD's, too, which I enjoyed listening to. Fine player, great guy.
Dan Robinson

Post by Dan Robinson »

Oh no! Sad to see this. I met Stu at the Denver steel show a few (three?) years ago. He was a kind, generous soul. I'll miss you, Stu.
Ron Sodos

Stu Shulman

Post by Ron Sodos »

I met Stu at the Phoenix show and we became fast friends. It was brothers from a different mother. What a great guy. So sad gone too soon!
Kevin Quick

Post by Kevin Quick »

I was lucky enough to have been in a band with him for 2 or 3 years in Socal. Learned a lot from him. RIP
Emmons Resound 65 D10, Zum hybrid, Quilter TT 12 Tone block 202
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

That's a treat, Fred. Thanks.
I think about Stu lots.
Larry Allen

Stu

Post by Larry Allen »

I miss him a lot, we played on several bands in Alaska for about 30 years , him on steel, me on guitar or vice visa, he lived in my studio several times between gigs! Grumpy New Yorker but my best friend. Larry
Excel steels & Peavey amps,Old Chevys & Motorcycles & Women on the Trashy Side
Jerry Dragon

Post by Jerry Dragon »

I know I am late to the party, sorry about that.
I saw Stu a few years back at a PSGA get together in Norwich Ct. Then a couple of months later I meet him through a mutual acquaintance, Jimmy Eppard. I had only played PSG a little, I play guitar, but had bought a Dekley. He invited me and the guitar over to his house where he went over the guitar, got it all in tune, explained how everything worked, oiled it up etc and gave me some playing tips. This was in upstate NY. He would come down to the studio with Jimmy and hang out while we recorded and was just an overall great guy. I moved to SW Virginia and had a PSG question for him and kept bugging him on FB and getting no response. So, I messaged Jimmy and he gave me the news and here I am. I only knew him a short time but you couldn't meet a more laid back nicer guy. IF anyone is resting in peace, he is. My condolences to the family and all else concerned.
A FATE WORSE THAN LIFE