Central NC Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Kevin Robbins

Central NC Jam

Post by Kevin Robbins »

I been having some interest shown from folks wanting to have a Jam in Central NC. Is anyone out there interested?? We used to have the Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association here and had a blast
doing the jams. Pm or text me with ideas. Thinking March 18.
Kevin. 336-905-0380

IT’S ON!!

MARCH 18, 2023
10 AM
https://www.facebook.com/Dentondanceclu ... 4dMITCHELL
OIL
A Division of Larry Furr Enterprises
LARRY FURR
Presents
SOUTHERN THEATER
& EVENT CENTER
Kevin Robbins 336-905-0380
Last edited by Kevin Robbins on 3 Mar 2023 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MASGA, Mullen G2, Hilton, Evans, Webb, Walker
Johnny Howington

Masga

Post by Johnny Howington »

That would be awesome man! I don't have anything on the calendar for that date. Maybe it will work out!!!
Emmons LeGrande III guitars, Telonics Amp and Pedals, Stereo Steel Rack Systems, Steelers Choice Seats, Live Steel Strings, Jaguar Strings
Michael Sawyer

Post by Michael Sawyer »

I would be in depending on time and location,only be cause i have a show in Benson that evening.( I live northeast of Raliegh)
I think it would be alot of fun.
Allen Howington

Jam

Post by Allen Howington »

Sounds great, but depends on time & location, I am playing on the 18th in Sanford N.C. 7-10pm. I will come and support it as time/distance allows me to...glad to hear someone is making the effort to bring this back to action, we all have missed the comradery and the sweet sounds of our steel guitars.....maybe if things work out we can have time to work around the gig schedules.....I guess it's just a little "work in progress"
Johnny Howington

Got it

OK On my Calendar! See you guys there!!!
Emmons LeGrande III guitars, Telonics Amp and Pedals, Stereo Steel Rack Systems, Steelers Choice Seats, Live Steel Strings, Jaguar Strings
Allen Howington

Jam

Again, thanks for putting this together Kevin. Looks like I will be there to see all my steel buddies, and play some good old country music.
Hope all the guys in the surrounding area will support the efforts put out by Kevin to provide a means for us to get together and share our love of the steel guitar. Would love to see all the past friends and supporters of the MASGA club, and honor our since lost members, especially ER Chandler who held the last jam of the MASGA and passed away after the show that day. All you guys from Virginia, South Carolina, & Tennessee that supported the jams in the past, we hope to see all of you help with making this jam a success and hopeful "kick-off" of more future jams....
Brett Crisp

Post by Brett Crisp »

Might have to check it out…
Allen Howington

Jam

I promise there will be "EMMONS" there.....be right proud to have you join us and listen to that Resound of yours....
Brett Crisp

Post by Brett Crisp »

That wasn’t my resound I had in SC. That belongs to Mark Robinson. I don’t have one. Just my 68 cut tail. I was only helping Kelcey and Darin promote the new guitar at the time.
Johnny Howington

Brett

Yea man!! Come on and join us. Would love to hear you play a few tunes man! I got to try and see if I can learn a few before we head up there!! Gonna have to bring my ole work horse green LeGrande 3!!
Allen Howington

Jam

Regardless, we would love to have you come share some of that friendship and great steel guitar music.....
Hoping to see you there....

Allen
Jerry Fleming

Post by Jerry Fleming »

Hey guys I plan to join I'm the fun. Don't expect much I haven't played hardly any in several years but I'm really looking forward to seeing many old friends and great music.

Jerry
Johnny Howington

Steel Guitar

Come on down Jerry! Be good to see you and to hear you play a tune for us!! We sure are planning on being there! Looking forward to it I know that !!
Allen Howington

3-18-23 Steel Jam In Denton N.C.

Okay all you steel guitar pickers and enthusiast, below is the information for a Jam-Session for everyone to come out and join us for some good ole Steel Guitar music and or just some good ole conversation about Steel Guitar. Everyone is welcome to come, let's make this a big turn-out so that we hopefully can make this a kick-off for future jams, this is located in Denton N.C.
MARCH 18, 2023 10 AM

Directions to the Steel Guitar Jam coming 3-18-23 SOUTHERN THEATER
& EVENT CENTER
18639 Highway 109 South, Denton, NC, United States, North Carolina
(336) 859-4332
Justin Emmert

Post by Justin Emmert »

I may be able to come down from VA. What is the format for the jam?
Kevin Robbins

Format

Post by Kevin Robbins »

Chuck Campbell

Post by Chuck Campbell »

I will be there. Looking forward to seeing old friends.
Red Zum, Telonics Amp, and a Lexicon MK200 Effects.
Kevin Robbins

Jam

Post by Kevin Robbins »

John Swain

Post by John Swain »

I Hope to make it !
Kevin Robbins

Hey John

Post by Kevin Robbins »

Hope to see you!
Allen Howington

Come on all the steel guitar lovers and enthusiast....not required but call Kevin if you can, and let him know that you plan to come to his jam in Denton N.C. We have to all pull together to keep these kind of shows going, we don't ever want the steel guitar shows to die out.....we need them, and we need each other to participate and support them....thanks Kevin for all our efforts, I'm looking forward to seeing you, and all the new and old steel guitar buddies....
Michael Sawyer

Post by Michael Sawyer »

I wish i could,but logistically i can't swing it ,because of our gig...i would enjoy meeting y'all.
Allen Howington

jam

sure would enjoy having you, I myself have a gig back in Sanford at 7pm, as usual a lot of pickers have gigs the same night, but I understand when it's extended lengths of driving. Either way, love to have you, but if not maybe next time.....
Johnny Howington

See you soon!!

I about forgot what it was like to try and play songs with a Track! :eek: I'm going to play but Lord, I can't remember how I played any of the songs I thought I knew!
I'm just going to have a good time and talk to all the guys about the steel guitar and old times anyway!!! Sorry if I screw up but its all good! See you all Saturday!!! I did clean my guitar up !!
Kevin Robbins

Band

Post by Kevin Robbins »

There will be fellow steel players there with instruments to play backup. I have a drummer who will be there. Joe Turner and Chuck Campbell have said they will sit it on guitar and bass when needed.