Highway 40 Blues.

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Rich Arnold

Highway 40 Blues.

Post by Rich Arnold »

Hi gang,

I've been posting a lot of jazz on here, but I'm pretty much a Country and Bluegrass player. It's time I let the cat out of the bag I suppose and let ya'll hear that side of me. I grew up with Country music so when I play it, it's like turning on a spigot.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6i5-frF4Os
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Rich, sounds great. You drifted from the melody but blended well.
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Larry Dering wrote:Rich, sounds great. You drifted from the melody but blended well.
Yea I know it. I usually play this behind a singer. Thanks for listening.
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

enjoyed listening to this. you played your interpretation of the melody just fine. i even heard a little snippet of the perculotar song....
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Bill Hatcher wrote:enjoyed listening to this. you played your interpretation of the melody just fine. i even heard a little snippet of the perculotar song....
Thanks for listening in Bill. I'm surprised you noticed the musical quote from an old coffee comercial. I throw that in sometimes but most people are too young to know where it comes from. It's a sound from my childhood.
Moreover, as I've gotten a bit older, my Dr has become like a nanny. Strong coffee has become a nessacary substitute for cigars and liquor. 😁
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Bill Hatcher wrote:enjoyed listening to this. you played your interpretation of the melody just fine. i even heard a little snippet of the perculotar song....
Thanks for listening in Bill. I'm surprised you noticed the musical quote from an old coffee comercial. I throw that in sometimes but most people are too young to know where it comes from. It's a sound from my childhood.
Moreover, as I've gotten a bit older, my Dr has become like a nanny. Strong coffee has become a nessacary substitute for cigars and liquor. 😁
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

I also remember the coffee commercial that you played off of. "Maxwell House. Good to the last drop!" Great playing, tone, and blocking. Smooth as Silk. Great Job!!!!
Gary
Melbert 8, Remington S8,Remington D8, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Old Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Andy Zahnd

Post by Andy Zahnd »

Absolutely fantastic! Just the way I like to hear it.... every second something to be amazed and listen! This is the kind of music making I love so much! 6 out of 5 stars and thank you! Looking forward to more.....
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

G Strout wrote:I also remember the coffee commercial that you played off of. "Maxwell House. Good to the last drop!" Great playing, tone, and blocking. Smooth as Silk. Great Job!!!!
Gary
Thanks G. When I'm improvising sometimes tunes from my childhood just come to me. Little things I haven't heard in 5 decades.
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

Andy Zahnd wrote:Absolutely fantastic! Just the way I like to hear it.... every second something to be amazed and listen! This is the kind of music making I love so much! 6 out of 5 stars and thank you! Looking forward to more.....
Thanks Andy, I didn't realize it was that good. I pick often so I'm used to hearing me. I can't explain where it comes from. Some of it I've played it before but much of it is new to me and it can be distracting when I play too many new things and I loose concentration and it gets all messed up and I hit bad notes and have to stop and make another recording.