Who's the psg'er?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tal Herbsman

Who's the psg'er?

Post by Tal Herbsman »

Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

That is Stu Basore directly behind LJD. According to a post by the illustrious ones, Tommy White and Bobby Boggs a few years ago, the steel player sitting in the rear there is Howard White.

See this thread: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... my+dickens
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Wow Jerry, you made my day. To be called illustrious and mentioned in the same sentence as Tommy White. :D
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

You've earned it, the way I hear it. 🤠
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Yes, that's Stu Basore, and he's playing my old Fender 1000. That was Kitty Wells' and Johnny Wright's band back then (1965?), with Stu, Paul Yandell on guitar and Odell Martin on bass, (the drummer's name escapes me at the moment). By the way, that clip is from the movie "Second Fiddle To A Steel Guitar", which also featured Webb Pierce, Homer & Jethro, George Hamilton IV, Minnie Pearl, Carl & Pearl Butler, Del Reeves, Faron Young, Sonny James, Lefty Frizzell, and Bill Monroe. A lot of the movie is corny by today's standards, but that's what was called "clean comedy and country music" back then.

It was a different world back then, and "those good ol' days" really were the good ol' days. :\
John Palumbo

Post by John Palumbo »

Donny Hinson wrote:
It was a different world back then, and "those good ol' days" really were the good ol' days. :\

You said it Donny!
(wish I could bring'em back)
Mullen G2, Hilton VP, Fender Tone Master Delux Reverb, Keeley Caverns V2 Delay & Reverb
Bob Sigafoos

Post by Bob Sigafoos »

I’ve had the dvd of “second fiddle to steel guitar” for years. Yes it’s corny but where else will you see Arnold Stang , Huntz Hall and Leo Gorsey as middle aged goof balls?