Fuchs Active Tone Buffer Conrtrol Circuit

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
David Scheidler

Fuchs Active Tone Buffer Conrtrol Circuit

Post by David Scheidler »

This active control circuit by Andy Fuchs is designed to be installed in a volume pedal to overcome treble bleed/tone loss as the pedal reaches the last part of upper end of travel. It is based on Fuchs Audio Technology's Pure Gain effects box.

I'd read somewhere awhile ago that Andy allegedly had set this circuit up in Larry Carlton's Sho-Bud volume pedal. I had a bunch of S/B pedals laying around that I planned to clean up and modify with this circuit, but never got around to tackling the project. I contacted Andy at the time about this circuit and purchased five sets of these circuit components from him that I am now offering for sale. Included will be a photocopy of the circuit diagram shown in the pics that he sketched for me.

Each set includes the following:

• (1) active control circuit schematic
• (1) main control circuit board/pot w/leads (Pure Gain board)
• (1) 9V battery connector
• (1) 9V battery mounting bracket
• (3) 2k resistors
• (1) 1/4" input jack (power ring)
• (1) DC jack
• (1) LED "power on/off light

Price is $30 for each set shipped. I paid $60/set. PayPal or money order. PM me for my PayPal address for online payment, or my mailing address for a money order.
David Scheidler

Bump
David Scheidler

Two kits sold. Three left.
David Scheidler

Bump
Brandon Montgomery

Re: Fuchs Active Tone Buffer Conrtrol Circuit

Post by Brandon Montgomery »

I'd read somewhere awhile ago that Andy allegedly had set this circuit up in Larry Carlton's Sho-Bud volume pedal.

Hi

“ a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes”
-Jonathan Swift ( prior to Mark Twain, how Ironic)

Just to clarify, I have been working on Larry Carlton’s gear and building his amplifiers since 2010 or so, and have repaired his Dumble modified Sho-buds as well as replicating a few. Andy Fuchs has never, at any point, done any commissioned work for Larry Carlton, and this is not the same buffer circuit that is used in Larry’s Dumble modified sho-bud pedals.

Otherwise I’m sure these are fine sounding buffers, they just don’t have anything to do with LC.

He uses Hilton on his big board, and one of the sho-buds on his little board.

https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/rig- ... ry-carlton
I swear they tuned it when I bought it
Excel Superb SD-12 C6/E9
Bludotone amp works Owner and resident solder Jockey
David Scheidler

Thanks for the clarification!