Asher Short scale electro Hawaiian

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Lee Holliday

Asher Short scale electro Hawaiian

Post by Lee Holliday »

Now I have realised I can upload some images via my Ipad (will try not to be a pest) I wish to show and tell my Asher EH-6/24 that I commissioned from Bill about this time last year.

I had seen these lap steels on a 2017 Namm youtube video and could not resist ordering one as I had just sold a B6 and a 30,s Dobro cast Aluminium so felt justified (the wife counts the cases not the content).

As luck would have it as I was specking the build over the internet (custom options etc)when Bills wife mentioned they had a reclaimed Koa table from the 1970,s that was ripe for guitar bodies so in the mix it goes, I will let the pictures tell the rest but it is lovely, tactile with the French carve and if I am honest an instrument not deserving of my abilities, but a good one will always drag you up a peg or two.
Bill was going to market these as an alternative to his other lap steels but they have still to feature much in his work and publicity.

Bill Sinclair

Post by Bill Sinclair »

Beautiful wood, beautiful guitar!
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Lovely! :D
Erv
Lee Holliday

Post by Lee Holliday »

Recentish group photo,The Rick Turner is no longer here as lovely as it was (best built electric guitar I have owned) it was awkward to play sitting down due to the horn shape on the lower bout.Also the green princeton has gone as not enough space for all the amps, as I largely play acoustic