Monthly Jazz pedal steel in Portland Oregon

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Christopher Woitach

Monthly Jazz pedal steel in Portland Oregon

Post by Christopher Woitach »

The Christopher Woitach Steel Quartet is starting up our monthly gig at Jo Bar and Rotisserie in NW Portland, OR. Every second Sunday, 7-10 pm. The only exception is May - we’ll do May 21st.

The band is worth checking out just for the sidemen, 3 of Portland’s best jazz players:

John Moak trombone
Tim Gilson fretless electric bass
Charlie Doggett drums (when Charlie is touring with David Friesen, Jason Palmer)

Me on pedal steel.

We play a combination of standards, jazz tunes, and jazz versions of pop tunes (Borderline is worth a listen!). If you’re in the area, please come by, great food and drink, and please - make sure to say hello, I get pretty involved and don’t always notice what’s going on around me! It’s a fun band, promise.
Christopher Woitach
cw@affmusic.com
www.affmusic.com
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Excellent, I hope this one has legs!
Christopher Woitach

Post by Christopher Woitach »

Dave

I think it will keep going for a while - we had it since September, and Jo Bar closed in January for overhaul etc (they do every year), but we were invited to continue, thankfully. One of the owners, Michael Gibbons, actually created the space for the band to exist - he wrote me a few years back and said he liked the jazz steel stuff I put up on social media, and did I have a band that could play at Jo Bar… amazing, never happens! So we’ve been playing there a while, and in September he asked us to come once a month - incredible to me, lucky.
Christopher Woitach
cw@affmusic.com
www.affmusic.com
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Excellent that! Very encouraging